Mobi52 WildPlace's Project 52 - 2023

Week 4 / 52

I’ve been mostly absent from all things online this week having been thrown a rather large and unexpected curveball which requires me to have urgent surgery which is scheduled for the 13th February. Still been taking my daily photos though helps to keep my mind occupied.

Here is this weeks photo - a crumbling building that every time i drive past it i think “i need to photograph that”. I think it’s gone way beyond looking as interesting and attractive as it did a few years ago and now just looks sad and neglected.

10BF6D2D-8849-49D7-92A0-5B2FA60C91A7.jpeg

iPhone X, Hipstamatic

Week 4 / 52

I’ve been mostly absent from all things online this week having been thrown a rather large and unexpected curveball which requires me to have urgent surgery which is scheduled for the 13th February. Still been taking my daily photos though helps to keep my mind occupied.

Here is this weeks photo - a crumbling building that every time i drive past it i think “i need to photograph that”. I think it’s gone way beyond looking as interesting and attractive as it did a few years ago and now just looks sad and neglected.

View attachment 189569
iPhone X, Hipstamatic
Oh, I’m so sorry to hear you’re not well :oops: That house really has a sad look. Abandoned buildings in many places here too. Such a waste.
I hope you’ll recover fast after the surgery :inlove:

Week 4 / 52

View attachment 189569
iPhone X, Hipstamatic
Wish you all the best. And keep taking those pictures!

Week 4 / 52

View attachment 189569
iPhone X, Hipstamatic
Hoping for a good outcome and a swift recovery. We need you here.

Week 4 / 52

View attachment 189569
iPhone X, Hipstamatic
Lovely Hipsta edit - perfect choice for the subject

Week 6 / 52

Surgery went well and i was discharged after 1 night in hospital. As it was abdominal surgery it’s all quite sore so i’m now ensconced in a lovely apartment looking out over the Moray Firth, not far from Inverness, until i’m feeling more comfortable to travel all the way back home again. I have my telescope set up looking out over the bay and my binoculars are handy. My husband is looking after me really well

3D5F24FE-FB42-45F3-951C-9CDF648EB6E1.jpeg

iPhone X, Hipstamatic

Week 6 / 52

Surgery went well and i was discharged after 1 night in hospital. As it was abdominal surgery it’s all quite sore so i’m now ensconced in a lovely apartment looking out over the Moray Firth, not far from Inverness, until i’m feeling more comfortable to travel all the way back home again. I have my telescope set up looking out over the bay and my binoculars are handy. My husband is looking after me really well

View attachment 189874
iPhone X, Hipstamatic
That’s fantastic! I’ve been wondering how you were doing. So glad you‘re healthy and back posting!

Week 9 / 52

Getting into the swing of filling myself with nutrients to give myself the best chance of healing from my op. My morning tea (hibiscus and green tea steeped in 500mls water overnight with juice of a lemon and a tablespoon of Braggs apple cider vineger added) and my smoothie with 1/3 cup oats, soy milk, an apple and berries plus a variety of supplements. :)

20230302_IMG_2535.JPG

iPhone X and PhotoCollage

Week 10 / 52

Lots of snow this week, interspersed with very cold but pleasant weather.

20230307_IMG_2589.jpg

Whiteout from my home office window...

20230308_Snow.JPG

The next morning from the front door, looking very pretty :)

20230312_IMG_2656.JPG

We had a powercut for a good few hours one day this week, my trusty old camping stove was in the kitchen so I brewed up!

All taken with iPhone X

Week 11 / 52

Another week of poor weather... but it was also my birthday this week and flowers from my youngest daughter cheered me up :)

20230313_IMG_2666.jpg

Ian coming back to the van after shopping in the Co-op

20230314_IMG_2673.jpg

Monster hail that woke me up in the early hours of the morning, absolutely hammering down!

20230317_IMG_2711.jpg

Flowers from my daughter

Week 12 / 52

A lovely lunch out at the pub in Eriskay - called Am Politician after the boat that sank during WWII and what the story of Whisky Galore was based on. The original black and white film that tells the story was brilliant (though it was filmed on Barra not Eriskay) and it was remade in 2016 but I haven't seen that one yet.

Sadly the dreaded covid caught up with us for the first time in three years, Ian first then two days later me :(

20230321_Eriskay.JPG

View from outside Am Politician

20230325_IMG_2800.jpg

It's taken three years but it finally got us!

Week 13 / 52

Thankfully I seem to only have a mild dose of the covid - I put it down to all that juicing and supplements, my daily breakfast smoothie, a big daily salad for lunch and the steamed veg I have for dinner at night. Ian has come off much worse and spent most of the first four days in bed.

20230328_IMG_2820.jpg

My fourth pyjama day in a row haha!

20230402_Walking.JPG

Back out walking when the weather is good enough, feeling fine after the covid.

Week 9 / 52

Getting into the swing of filling myself with nutrients to give myself the best chance of healing from my op. My morning tea (hibiscus and green tea steeped in 500mls water overnight with juice of a lemon and a tablespoon of Braggs apple cider vineger added) and my smoothie with 1/3 cup oats, soy milk, an apple and berries plus a variety of supplements. :)

View attachment 191413
iPhone X and PhotoCollage
I steep green and hibiscus tea over night all summer for my ice tea. We used to call this no heat steeping sun tea, because you left it outside in the sun for several hours. Since I can’t depend on the sun around here, I use the fridge. :lmao:

Week 10 / 52

Lots of snow this week, interspersed with very cold but pleasant weather.

View attachment 191414
Whiteout from my home office window...

View attachment 191415
The next morning from the front door, looking very pretty :)

View attachment 191416
We had a powercut for a good few hours one day this week, my trusty old camping stove was in the kitchen so I brewed up!

All taken with iPhone X
Very resourceful! But what about last weeks beautiful flowers????

Week 13 / 52

Thankfully I seem to only have a mild dose of the covid - I put it down to all that juicing and supplements, my daily breakfast smoothie, a big daily salad for lunch and the steamed veg I have for dinner at night. Ian has come off much worse and spent most of the first four days in bed.

View attachment 191422

View attachment 191423
I love your landscape photos, especially the color, which brings an extra dimension to the feel of the places. And those archetypal sheep in the last image! They're so very sheep-like they look like they were hired from a casting agency.

Week 13 / 52

View attachment 191422

View attachment 191423
Great to know you’re OK :inlove: Great photos and cute pyjama:cool:

I steep green and hibiscus tea over night all summer for my ice tea. We used to call this no heat steeping sun tea, because you left it outside in the sun for several hours. Since I can’t depend on the sun around here, I use the fridge. :lmao:
It certainly makes for a lovely refreshing drink Can’t rely on the here in the Outer Hebrides either

I love your landscape photos, especially the color, which brings an extra dimension to the feel of the places. And those archetypal sheep in the last image! They're so very sheep-like they look like they were hired from a casting agency.
Thanks i mostly run the photos through Hipstamatic. I keep trying to photograph the Hebridean sheep down the road, they are a very dark brown but i just can’t get near them!

Back
Top Bottom