WildPlace's Random Stuff

Oh, Menorca. In the summer of 1970, when I was 10, my Dad got a scholarship for studying the Catalan language. Some distant relative owned a house in Ciudadella and I spent 10 weeks there with my parents and siblings. Not many tourists in those day. Some Brits here and there and people from Spain. But mostly locals.
Oh wow Eva that sounds like an amazing adventure to have when you were 10 (I was also 10 that year). We visited Ciudadella (mostly took photos with my DSLR) and I really can't imagine how much different it would have looked and felt all those years ago - did you take photographs in those days?

Oh wow Eva that sounds like an amazing adventure to have when you were 10 (I was also 10 that year). We visited Ciudadella (mostly took photos with my DSLR) and I really can't imagine how much different it would have looked and felt all those years ago - did you take photographs in those days?
I have tons of old slides with photos taken by my parents. A few of them scanned by me a long time ago. I’ll try to dig up a few more. Then we can share the 1970 vs 2022 in a secret thread outside of Mobitog :rolleyes: :thumbs:

Wow, that's some house! I'm not sure I could live with that giant clock in the kitchen :eek: but the rest is fascinating, especially the winter picture.
Yes, last thing you want on holiday is a clock to be watched :lmao: There used to be a website which showed the construction of the earth house which was fascinating but it no longer seems to be live.

I have tons of old slides with photos taken by my parents. A few of them scanned by me a long time ago. I’ll try to dig up a few more. Then we can share the 1970 vs 2022 in a secret thread outside of Mobitog :rolleyes: :thumbs:
I believe there are chat rooms off the front page, but I’ve never tried them….

I think you'd like this house that is just along the road from me, the Hebridean Earth House, built into the ground, it was purpose built as a holiday home though it's very very expensive to stay in.
OH. EM. GEE. :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream: This is magnificent. I am adding it to the top of my Dream List. Plus I’ve never visited this area. ❤️❤️❤️ I would so loooooove to live there.

Loving the pics! So jealous seeing your Camino photos. Read quite a lot about how it’s a mix between being exhilarating and dispiriting.

I’m hoping to do loads of hiking in 2023. I so love walking. Have finally got most of the gear together with the intention of doing some camping too but never camped before (!) and don’t have a garden anymore to try out a tent so will have to find somewhere to get proficient.

When you go camping, is it wild camping or campsite camping?

Loving the pics! So jealous seeing your Camino photos. Read quite a lot about how it’s a mix between being exhilarating and dispiriting.

I’m hoping to do loads of hiking in 2023. I so love walking. Have finally got most of the gear together with the intention of doing some camping too but never camped before (!) and don’t have a garden anymore to try out a tent so will have to find somewhere to get proficient.

When you go camping, is it wild camping or campsite camping?
Thanks

I can’t remember being particularly dispirited on the camino, possibly the day we walked 22 miles in 35C with no shade and nowhere to stop and refill our water or have a coffee, it was a very tough day and by the time we only had 3 or 4 miles to go the end of that day couldn’t come quick enough!

Hope you enjoy your camping as much as i do, sometimes i wild camp sometimes at a camp site, i like both and sometimes on my own and sometimes with a friend. When i got my new tent i watched a few YouTubes about putting it up then practised in my lounge obviously i couldn’t hammer the pegs in but it gave me a good idea of what i needed to do

Last one for May 2022 - Seonaid and I got slightly misplaced one morning, missed a yellow arrow and ended up who knows where. Thankfully with a bit of magic from good old Google maps we were able to find our way again, via a shortcut through a drainage pipe underneath the high-speed railway.

View attachment 188568
Seonaid looking rather 007 :)
Amazing!

2nd January 2023 - Out birding again, another cold, icy day but sunny. One of my favourite walks today, Locheynort where there are about 5km of trails.

69D7E8C8-FBBF-4EA6-B6DF-4AB2AA0AE0ED.jpeg

Hipstamatic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom