WildPlace's Random Stuff

16th January 2023 - A nice change from dreary greyness and I was lucky that I didn't have to go out anywhere today. Woke up to snow and it continued on and off most of the day.

All iPhone X and Hipstamatic

View attachment 189033
This morning, through the window

Couldn't resist the sun rays, mid afternoon

The house down the road, looking towards the sea (you can't see the sea from here though)

I like all these, but the pink tones of that Hipsta edit work really well on the expanse of snow (also ‘what terse Ted said“ : )

17th January 2023 - More snow last night and overnight, I made it out for a walk, I couldn’t believe how black the sky was and felt sure that i’d get snowed on as I walked – I have done absolutely nothing to these images, they are just as they came out of the iPhone. I was going to head to the beach but the northerly wind was so harsh and bitingly cold that it was almost painful, so I only went as far as the golf club.

20230117_BlackSky-01_IMG_2007-s.jpg

20230117_BlackSky-02_IMG_2008-s.jpg

17th January 2023 - More snow last night and overnight, I made it out for a walk, I couldn’t believe how black the sky was and felt sure that i’d get snowed on as I walked – I have done absolutely nothing to these images, they are just as they came out of the iPhone. I was going to head to the beach but the northerly wind was so harsh and bitingly cold that it was almost painful, so I only went as far as the golf club.

View attachment 189092

View attachment 189093
That is one of my major dislikes of winter…icy wind. The other is just plain ice. The rest of time I don’t mind so much.

Yes, it would have been nice to walk for miles, it looked so beautiful and underfoot was pretty good, but that wind, not so good!
I went for a walk by the coast during our recent week of rain and wind. Walking into the wind, I really should have had swim goggles to be able to see where I was going.

View attachment 189092

View attachment 189093
INCREDIBLE. Look at that sky!!! Wow. I’m absolutely in love with this area. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: I want to live here!! I can hardly wait to see it in all the different seasons. And it looks/feels soooo remote - like you’re on the edge of the earth… but then you say “golf club” and I’m all “Huh?? How?” :lol:

That is one of my major dislikes of winter…icy wind. The other is just plain ice. The rest of time I don’t mind so much.

Yes, it would have been nice to walk for miles, it looked so beautiful and underfoot was pretty good, but that wind, not so good!

I went for a walk by the coast during our recent week of rain and wind. Walking into the wind, I really should have had swim goggles to be able to see where I was going.
I love being out in stormy weather…. IF I’m dressed properly/warm. Hard to dress for biting wind…

INCREDIBLE. Look at that sky!!! Wow. I’m absolutely in love with this area. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: I want to live here!! I can hardly wait to see it in all the different seasons. And it looks/feels soooo remote - like you’re on the edge of the earth… but then you say “golf club” and I’m all “Huh?? How?” :lol:
Yes, I do love it here, it does have it's pros and cons - the ferry that brings our food supply from the mainland is cancelled today because of weather, the plane was cancelled yesterday. The gold course is bit of a bleak old place Askernish Golf Club but people from all over the world visit to take up the challenge :)

We pretty much are on the edge of the earth - screenshot from Google maps - i'm the red dot

Screenshot 2023-01-18 162853.jpg

Yes, I do love it here, it does have it's pros and cons - the ferry that brings our food supply from the mainland is cancelled today because of weather, the plane was cancelled yesterday. The gold course is bit of a bleak old place Askernish Golf Club but people from all over the world visit to take up the challenge :)

We pretty much are on the edge of the earth - screenshot from Google maps - i'm the red dot

View attachment 189121
I’ve heard that before from a Swedish frien. ubbyisis Eva!

19th January 2023 - A friend had a hospital appointment at Balivanich which is on Benbecula, the island north of me - she doesn’t have a car so i took her, it’s a 48 mile round trip. Still very cold but the roads had been gritted and i took the 4x4 so not too bad. It gave me chance to run some errands and get some shopping too

982799A6-6425-4CA2-B24A-00A46E75AD52.jpeg

Our small hospital

F6C1B376-7694-4C84-9501-3BCB4E726D9B.jpeg

Looking across the bay to the snowy hills of North Uist, the next island north.

Both iPhone X, tiddled a wee bit in the native editor the Hipstamatic. The one looking across the bay i took from the truck and didn’t bother getting rid of the wind guard in the corner. There was no way i was getting out to take the photo it was freezing and blowing a near gale!

19th January 2023 - A friend had a hospital appointment at Balivanich which is on Benbecula, the island north of me - she doesn’t have a car so i took her, it’s a 48 mile round trip. Still very cold but the roads had been gritted and i took the 4x4 so not too bad. It gave me chance to run some errands and get some shopping too

View attachment 189149
Our small hospital

View attachment 189148
Looking across the bay to the snowy hills of North Uist, the next island north.

Both iPhone X, tiddled a wee bit in the native editor the Hipstamatic. The one looking across the bay i took from the truck and didn’t bother getting rid of the wind guard in the corner. There was no way i was getting out to take the photo it was freezing and blowing a near gale!
Looks like a quaint hospital. And a frigid ocean….

the ferry that brings our food supply from the mainland is cancelled today because of weather, the plane was cancelled yesterday
Yeah, that part would be a challenge.
Yes, looking at it like that… :hearteyes:

20th January 2023 - A pleasure to walk today, cold but sunshine and very little wind. On my way back home I saw two White-tailed Sea Eagles slowly flapping their way back to the east side. Impossible to photograph with my phone.

View attachment 189186
The township, looking east towards the hills
Congratulations for the eagles :thumbs: The perfekt spice to get the spirits up. Beautiful landscape:inlove:

26th January 2023 - A necessary visit to Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis, much improved by being met by a friend at the airport in the morning and she spent the whole day with me, dropping me back at the airport later in the afternoon. Not many photos taken but this was at Stornoway Woods just prior to us popping into the lovely Woodland Centre for lunch.

HipstamaticPhoto-696502844.730683.JPG

iPhoneX, Hipstamatic

26th January 2023 - A necessary visit to Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis, much improved by being met by a friend at the airport in the morning and she spent the whole day with me, dropping me back at the airport later in the afternoon. Not many photos taken but this was at Stornoway Woods just prior to us popping into the lovely Woodland Centre for lunch.

View attachment 189338
iPhoneX, Hipstamatic
I’d have a hard time deciding which path to take.

A couple of images from this week while i’m laid up. The first one is the shed i walked to on my first outing on foot since my op, the second is my Valentine’s Day roses - wanted a photo for today but outside it is wet, windy and uninspiring!

F86E51E7-E3FD-41D0-B8E2-4FBD0A4C0CDE.jpeg

iPhone X, Hipstamatic

411125DD-FBA7-4523-A48D-F75CC8884DE6.jpeg

iPhone X, Hipstamatic, Decim8 and DistressedFX

Back
Top Bottom