MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
No, but I like words. I subscribe to a Word of the Day email. My latest favorite is “necropolis” a large cemetery. Must be the looming All Hallows’ Eve.

I did not know that was a word — as in real word. I thought it was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer neologism.

I like words like liminal, immanent and acquiesce.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I did not know that was a word — as in real word. I thought it was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer neologism.

I like words like liminal, immanent and acquiesce.
For the sound, meaning ....?

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Small inconveniences and bits of joy during a pandemic
It’s a silly series I’m amusing myself with.
hipstmatic, procreate
55345BB9-AFB3-4ED6-9244-4D0A1A873FA1.jpeg

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
liminal: the signified *space*
immanent: how it looks, and how it feels to write it
acquiesce / acquiescence: how it sounds, and how it feels to say it
It took me a minute of looking back to see what I was talking about. But, yes, I see. I also like the sound of certain words, the meaning of of others, and writing some. Immanent would be tough for me to write. Too many “m”s. I’d would over hump them, if that makes any sense.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
WOTANICUS Not a photograph exactly, but many morphed images mashed up. I like “found poetry”, taking words that others have written and rearranging them in a new way, sometimes changing the entire meaning. Please post any word related images in this thread. This hasn’t been opened for more than a year.
I‘ll finish knocking down the cobwebs and dusting after coffee. :D
55AD5D07-E58D-4091-8547-71DD2E656585.jpeg

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March, May, Oct 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone X
As a theme for my 52 challenge this year, I planned to post an original haiku on a photo or collage each week. Shortly after that, other haiku began cropping up, so it was suggested that I start a thread and invite all Mobitoggers to express themselves in a pho-ku or hai-oto or whatever you call this sort of creation.

Most are aware of the 5-7-5 guide for Haiku. That refers to a line of 5 syllables, followed by a line with 7 syllables, ending with another 5 syllables. Thus a haiku is born. The Haiku police don’t live here, so if yours has 5-8-6, no one will care. Have fun and get in touch with your inner poet.

To help you create your own, here are some helpful links:

From Wikipedia: https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/text/haiku-poetic-form

William Higginson has some suggested, helpful “rules” for haiku creating: https://www.thehaikufoundation.org/edwall/higginson_guidelines_for_writing_haiku.pdf

To generate a haiku (I had a great time with this!): https://www.poem-generator.org.uk/haiku/

And another haiku generator: http://byakkohaiku.tripod.com/ihkg.htm
Great idea Starzee there is a haiku app out there where people would contribute a line which I found quite entertaining. This is a great idea

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
its been about two years since ive written a haiku, but ill happily have a go!

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
its been about two years since ive written a haiku, but ill happily have a go!
It doesn’t have to be haiku!!!! Use quotes from someone, song lyrics, write your own epic poem. I’ll change the title to something more general!!!

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Great idea Starzee there is a haiku app out there where people would contribute a line which I found quite entertaining. This is a great idea
I gave a couple of links at the beginning of this thread
I had a good time with the first one.

Lately I’ve been doing found poetry. You use other peoples words in a different way. My current favorite app for that is WordPalette. You copy words from anywhere (I’ve used Wikipedia) and paste them into the app. Then you create your poems, or whatever buy choosing the individual word from palettes that resemble refrigerator magnets. It’s a lot of fun. I recently read 11/22/63 by Steven King and kind of became obsessed with time travel and the butterfly effect. I’ve posted quite a few of the resulting images on Instagram.

WOTANICUS

Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
It doesn’t have to be haiku!!!! Use quotes from someone, song lyrics, write your own epic poem. I’ll change the title to something more general!!!
Don't change anything on my behalf, Star! Ill find a nice picture and see what I can compose in response. I tend to go with short line length, but sometimes quite epic in lines! I'm rusty, as I haven't written anything since I finished my dissertation in 2017.

WOTANICUS

Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
bees.jpeg

'Out of the Strong'

Do not advise the bees
what dark quarters we have visited,
for against our misdemeanours
harsh recompense will be made.
Should humming ears discern
the detail of our schemes
from covert dispatches,
that jovian strength
we drew from their august combs
shall be withheld and
we shall apprehend
Summers glory no more

I'm not sure if this is a mobile photo or one from my compact, but I took it a few years back in Cyprus. Just at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere were this cluster of hives. I was put in min of Sylvia Plath's bee poems and the old folklore of telling the bees when their keeper passes away.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Don't change anything on my behalf, Star! Ill find a nice picture and see what I can compose in response. I tend to go with short line length, but sometimes quite epic in lines! I'm rusty, as I haven't written anything since I finished my dissertation in 2017.
I hoping a little change will breathe fresh life into this thread! Thanks JillyG Jilly for reminding me of it!

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 169181
'Out of the Strong'

Do not advise the bees
what dark quarters we have visited,
for against our misdemeanours
harsh recompense will be made.
Should humming ears discern
the detail of our schemes
from covert dispatches,
that jovian strength
we drew from their august combs
shall be withheld and
we shall apprehend
Summers glory no more

I'm not sure if this is a mobile photo or one from my compact, but I took it a few years back in Cyprus. Just at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere were this cluster of hives. I was put in min of Sylvia Plath's bee poems and the old folklore of telling the bees when their keeper passes away.
It‘s wonderful!! Your story reminded my of the time we were hiking on some state land and stumbled on some hives. I’m sure the honey was wonderful from all the wildflowers!

We’ll assume this time that this is a mobile phone photo as non-mobile images are off limits to post. For future reference you can check the metadata with and app like Metapho .

WOTANICUS

Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
It‘s wonderful!! Your story reminded my of the time we were hiking on some state land and stumbled on some hives. I’m sure the honey was wonderful from all the wildflowers!

We’ll assume this time that this is a mobile phone photo as non-mobile images are off limits to post. For future reference you can check the metadata with and app like Metapho .
great stuff, it was more for the words than the image tbh.