worx in progress - by TJK

esotopia

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Thomas J. Klamm aka TJK
Device
Aloha,
i hope you don't find me insolent, when this newbie starts a thread on it's own. Me thinks you may find it interesting to watch, if and how i progress my "career" as mobile photographer ...

The first project is started with a photo from a sculpture in my neighborhood which i took today, early afternoon, with the native photo app on my iphone 6s+.
I know that it's crap, but my intention - here - is to see what i can accomplish with the abundance of filter, etc., apps that i've collected over the years.

Here is the original snapshot and a "cut out version" - which is usually the first step in my workflow ...

Attachments

• FAF26F3E-3096-4BF3-83DD-73BD04F965CA.jpeg
    FAF26F3E-3096-4BF3-83DD-73BD04F965CA.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 24
  • D4F315E4-121B-4085-963E-75DBC38886B2.png
    D4F315E4-121B-4085-963E-75DBC38886B2.png
    185 KB · Views: 7
  • 4A8788ED-5CEC-4333-8B84-F1401AB39379.png
    4A8788ED-5CEC-4333-8B84-F1401AB39379.png
    460.5 KB · Views: 7
Aloha,
i hope you don't find me insolent, when this newbie starts a thread on it's own. Me thinks you may find it interesting to watch, if and how i progress my "career" as mobile photographer ...

The first project is started with a photo from a sculpture in my neighborhood which i took today, early afternoon, with the native photo app on my iphone 6s+.
I know that it's crap, but my intention - here - is to see what i can accomplish with the abundance of filter, etc., apps that i've collected over the years.

Here is the original snapshot and a "cut out version" - which is usually the first step in my workflow ...
Having your own thread is a good idea, especially for images that don't fit elsewhere on the site. Much easier to follow what you're doing (by setting a Watch on the thread) than trying to keep up with individual image posts. My own such thread, terse fragments, runs to almost 60 pages now. :eek: Most other regulars have something like it, too.

so ... thinking over the lesson about the importance of "provenience" ...
i decided that it would be ok to use a photo that i made with the same app on the same phone on the same day and in the same area as my main motif (the sculpture) for the "background transplantation". this could only be the tree group from earlier ...

here we go:

F853D983-60C7-466B-86A6-5A5150F852AC.jpeg

2BD03F33-A6C6-4EF4-9DF4-CD844EB2F973.jpeg

ACD5D1F6-ADAB-4961-B13E-E0D11A3FA4E7.jpeg

Aloha,

Interesting watching your workflow as you progress. Which app did you use for your “cut out”?

Aloha,
i hope you don't find me insolent, when this newbie starts a thread on it's own.

What Ted said. You can start as many new threads as you like. They can be to show your own work, or to start a specific discussion, or to invite members to have a go at a particular app or theme . . . Or whatever takes your fancy. As you browse the site you will find all kinds of weird & wonderful threads.

(Reminds me, I think one of our RoseCat Catherine’s early contributions was ”Show us your tattoos” :lmao:

Interesting watching your workflow as you progress. Which app did you use for your “cut out”?
it was PhotoRoom, with some finishing in Superimpose X. Occasionally i'm using exacto - it depends on what i want to accomplish.
btw.: i removed some garbage from the original photo with Retouch app.

Cheers,

What Ted said. You can start as many new threads as you like. They can be to show your own work, or to start a specific discussion, or to invite members to have a go at a particular app or theme . . . Or whatever takes your fancy. As you browse the site you will find all kinds of weird & wonderful threads.

(Reminds me, I think one of our RoseCat Catherine’s early contributions was ”Show us your tattoos” :lmao:
oh, i'm kinda obsessed about tattoos - i would never consider having one, but find some "tattoo models" a rewarding object for my artistic curiosity ... (honi soit qui mal y pense)

Cheers,

Aloha,

i think, i'll take two steps back. ...
there is this dark shadow of the socle. the resulting line in the "color salad" disturbs me too much. i'm going to fix this with some masking.
then, in the background on the left, is this prominently reddish colored tree-trunk. either the complete background will be reconstructed (it's an overlay array of the original tree group) or it's gonna be de-hued or -saturated. 'will listen to my inner voices ...

i'll be back, soon ...

cheers,

edit: oops, what's that? i uploaded a jpeg version of the original cut-out, which is a png and clearly without those concrete artifacts...

Attachments

• 839DE052-3D04-4A42-A566-A2E1C902969C.jpeg
    839DE052-3D04-4A42-A566-A2E1C902969C.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 37
Aloha,

back again. here comes the result of my a.m. plans ... all done with/in Superimpose X. the violett background is just to show remaining artifacts. the tiny branches are difficult to cut out, but i think this will work out with some lively Hamburg sky ...

now back to coloring the, to be, blurred background. a job for my JixiPixi magix toolbox ...

cheerio (Miss Sophie),

0539B3D2-0841-4411-B4C3-3D2E27A4B791.png

Bonjour,

after short trip through bnw challenges and to IG (thanx for the like MobiTog) i finally fired the JixiPixi magix engine ...
the results are pretty nice, thinks me humbly, and so i will now have to think about what to do with the sculpture. after all, it's the main part of the image ...

9D85500A-F13D-4A01-B56D-B4F4A7646A09.jpeg
5F741187-6C0F-4869-9E2F-E13BF1EF50C8.png

Aloha,
short interlude ...
this morning's "walking the dog" surprised my with a mechanical insect on our "Hundewiese" ...
i loaded ProShot into my 6s+ and took some dozen shots from various positions - all in my usual "half-blind-morning-before-coffee" condition.
back home i applied some Relight ... and some Dada fun.

i'm now more determined then ever, to convince my wife that she needs her 12Pro Max only for phone calls, what could be accomplished with a trusty old 6s+ as well ... :cool:

cheers,

3D6B8ACD-1653-48B2-96A6-A2C55E28CC9E.jpeg

Aloha,
short interlude ...
this morning's "walking the dog" surprised my with a mechanical insect on our "Hundewiese" ...
i loaded ProShot into my 6s+ and took some dozen shots from various positions - all in my usual "half-blind-morning-before-coffee" condition.

i'm now more determined then ever, to convince my wife that she needs her 12Pro Max only for phone calls, what could be accomplished with a trusty old 6s+ as well ... :cool:

cheers,

View attachment 175690
It’s got a definite insectoid look about it. I bet it was inspired by some insect or other.

Aloha,
short interlude ...

cheers,

View attachment 175690

It’s got a definite insectoid look about it. I bet it was inspired by some insect or other.
Scorpion-esque I thought

Aloha,
short interlude ...

cheers,

View attachment 175690
I have to say the 12 would take you to another level!

No idea about that, but the picture on the wall in your image is fabulous.
thanx!
well, i consider myself as "Dada" ... it's indeed that picture on the wall, that i wanted to show. this "nude thing" is just my game with "the doors of perception". i really love to (not only) visually play with false tracks and meta level meanings ...

cheers,

163ADDD8-D97D-46B6-9ACE-4D8C88BCBCFC.png

(Reminds me, I think one of our @RoseCat Catherine’s early contributions was ”Show us your tattoos” :lmao:
Yes indeed! :D

Aloha & moin, moin ...

before i leave the house - i have some meeting in central Hamburg, the sun is shining and i'm determined to take some grandiose snapshots ... - i show to you the next step in the workflow of this demo project.

In Superimpose X i "layerd" the original montage over the "jixipixied" color version. with some gradient. So the details of the nature (earth, leaves and trees) are recognizable again.

i'm still contemplating about what to do with the " boy on horse" sculpture. Actually, i never liked it. it's just there, that's it ...

cheers,

EB0A4DC4-CF1E-4FC0-84B4-F7E5603941FA.jpeg

inspired by all your enthusiasm, i finally did it. taking mobile photos ...
this precious little bookshop jumped into my path today.
I think it will become subject of my next project. the title is already fixed: "Last Bookstop Before The End Of The Universe". For this, i'll probably transplant this little cabin onto Mars. then i'll see ...

5A6263A7-953A-4EDB-A29D-AD927F03542E.jpeg

no editing here, plain ProShot with 6s+ ...

Aloha,

do you remember the "interlude" with the insectoid machine? Here's what it evolved into, while i'm still meditating about what to do with that horse sculpture ...

cheers,

37067B51-896B-473D-977B-792D0F71BD3A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom