Mobi365 Wotanicus' Project 365 - 2021

August 6 2021 - Fimo and Pan 100. Rubbish day, heavy rain, so played safe with a simple architectural. 'Taking Steps'

F77C1355-0660-4B7D-A2DB-B12554F0DFEA.jpeg

August 7 2021 - more rain, but looks like the wildlife is coming to me. Pholcids are sharing every remote corner and hanging in the air on near invisible strands of silk.

BDD516C7-F97E-4F1A-9A42-98E6375C8F33.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
381D2E5D-F5B2-48F9-A2CF-6FC0F17BB982.jpeg
August 8 2021 - Heavy rain once more, dampening the spirits and precluding any real chance for outdoor photography. In a brief break in the deluge, a test of Portra in Fimo and the new Hipstamatic Roswell pak, witj its bent towards the violet and green. Some simple shots of lavender and a wet garden.
38ECED14-B42E-4B3E-9F35-49A85B0F3BCF.jpeg
557DE075-D9F1-4D22-9608-B29569B8E1BD.jpeg

Nice colours but that fake sprocket hole thing is one of my pet hates. I won't be buying that film I'm afraid, which is a shame as I was waiting for something new from them.
Yep - its a limited usefulness gimmick really. You could always shoot with the intention of cropping out the edges though. I won't be buying either, theres enough gimmickry in Hipstapaks.

Yep - its a limited usefulness gimmick really. You could always shoot with the intention of cropping out the edges though. I won't be buying either, theres enough gimmickry in Hipstapaks.
I agree, but I must admit I sometimes like to play with Fimo’s KChrome 64 because it reminds me of all the slides I shot on my travels in Europe when I was young :rolleyes:

I agree, but I must admit I sometimes like to play with Fimo’s KChrome 64 because it reminds me of all the slides I shot on my travels in Europe when I was young :rolleyes:
I almost pitched in and bought that one, for a similar reason. I love colour and b/w positive slides. I bought a box of old glass slides a few years ago from a yard sale and they inspired me to write my final poetry dissertation for my Masters. Theres something special about holding a transparency in the hand and catching the light through it. The Fimo 64 film is a fun way to simulate the effect.

This was one of the original slides, which had been hand annotated with titles and dates. I rephotographed the frame, scanned the text and a added one of my own shots and then digitally lettered it using the original text. This slide formed the title of the perfeormance piece I used at the reading. Its an iphone shot, matted into the frame in Photoshop.

cover.jpg

This was one of the original slides, which had been hand annotated with titles and dates. I rephotographed the frame, scanned the text and a added one of my own shots and then digitally lettered it using the original text. This slide formed the title of the perfeormance piece I used at the reading. Its an iphone shot, matted into the frame in Photoshop.

View attachment 169843
Wow Bill, I’m stunned :eek: :thumbs: Fantastic idea. I will NOT try do do this myself, it would take me ages:rolleyes:

Its easy do do it in Snapseed, with a double exposure. Just fiddly on a small phone screen.

Back
Top Bottom