• MobiTog 365 & 52 - ROLL UP, ROLL UP - MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2022 is now OPEN for Volunteers! > Remember - YOU CAN SIGN-UP any time that suits you to start - it does not HAVE to be at year beginning/end... :) < GoGoGo CLICK HERE JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • Your MobiStaff & MobiAdmin wish all our MobiMembers everywhere A HAPPY, HEALTHY & SUCCESSFUL PHOTOGRAPHY FILLED 2022!... x x
  • > PLEASE STAY VIRUS & OMICRON SAFE! MobiMembers - Beware Covid Omicron! PLEASE continue to stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Be kind to others. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all your MobiStaff... x x <

Mobi365 Wotanicus' Project 365 - 2021

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
January 4 - So Last Year
E7EBB0E0-7359-4029-A6B0-B02A13990CFF.jpeg

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
I’m afraid to ask what a “butty” shop is.
Pick me! Pick me!

sandwich. English sandwich - so may not resemble anything you associate with the word. My first husband was a Scouser: when he offered me a ‘chip butty’ I thought he was joking. A handful of chips from the fish’n’chips — smothered in tomato sauce between two pieces of [buttered] bread :eek:

‘Bacon butty’ makes a bit more sense - at least it’s [a nod in the direction of] protein between two slices of buttered bread . Still.

You’re welcome. Happy to share my cultural/anthropological experience.
(FYI I can also sing ‘you'll never walk alone‘ AND all 40-odd verses of ‘Olé, olé, olé olé’)

Last edited:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
‘Bacon butty’ makes a bit more sense - at least it’s [a nod in the direction of] protein between two slices of buttered bread .
Butter is not always necessary with Bacon but a Sausage butty NEEDS butter. Vegetarians eat your heart out (but not literally).

Swot up on your advance test for what a bread roll is called in different parts of the UK please.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Butter is not always necessary with Bacon but a Sausage butty NEEDS butter. Vegetarians eat your heart out (but not literally).

Swot up on your advance test for what a bread roll is called in different parts of the UK please.
I give up in advance. British have more words to describe simple food than the Inuit have for snow.

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
Ha,ha - I never gave it a thought when i put 'butty'! Bacon butties and chip butties are the best soul food ever.

Just to consolidate the name - heres the block from the other side:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Pick me! Pick me!

sandwich. English sandwich - so may not resemble anything you associate with the word. My first husband was a Scouser: when he offered me a ‘chip butty’ I thought he was joking. A handful of chips from the fish’n’chips — smothered in tomato sauce between two pieces of [buttered] bread :eek:

‘Bacon butty’ makes a bit more sense - at least it’s [a nod in the direction of] protein between two slices of buttered bread . Still.

(FYI I can also sing ‘you'll never walk alone‘ AND all 40-odd verses of ‘Olé, olé, olé olé’)
Well, so glad it’s not what it sounds like. The chip butty sounds like my butty would be bigger if I indulged.

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ha,ha - I never gave it a thought when i put 'butty'! Bacon butties and chip butties are the best soul food ever.

Just to consolidate the name - heres the block from the other side:
Yup, I didn’t blink twice either.

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Mom was a big one for Bap which I know as round rolls rather than long ones. So it was usually a bacon bap (yum!).

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Pick me! Pick me!

Egad. And you're the woman who was shocked by the mention of deep-fried pickles?