Mobi365 Wotanicus' Project 365 - 2021

Love seeing all the FIMO examples. I downloaded Argentum. The doublex mode is cool - you can actually see what it will look like before you push the shutter a 2nd time. Going to experiment with that!
Ditto your comments I’m impressed with the free bnw… I’m tempted to buy the whole lot. I think the doublex is the best I’ve seen for the reason you gave

August 28 2021 - August is fast running away along with Summer. Shot of a massive Sweet Chestnut tree in the university grounds, easily nearly a hundred years old amd probably planted when the campus was built. Good old Fimo again

D933C319-8ACB-48DB-A9FF-8B369001D3C5.jpeg
9D69D26E-7CB3-466A-9432-9487C541B933.jpeg

Its a gorgeous tree, huge spreading branches. You can shelter underneath its boughs. I take shots of it every now and then, throughout the seasons and its always spectacular.
Me too have a special tree. It's an ash tree 30 metres from our house. The ash was a mythological tree in the old Swedish religion. The "world tree" was an ash called Yggdrasil. The god Wotan sacrificed himself by hanging from Yggdrasil with the purpose of learning the secrets of the runes. Not so smart thing to do :whistle:
I took a shot of "my" ash tree everyday for over a year a few years ago.

Me too have a special tree. It's an ash tree 30 metres from our house. The ash was a mythological tree in the old Swedish religion. The "world tree" was an ash called Yggdrasil. The god Wotan sacrificed himself by hanging from Yggdrasil with the purpose of learning the secrets of the runes. Not so smart thing to do :whistle:
Ygdrassil is a totemic symbol for me, hence my username!

Love seeing all the FIMO examples. I downloaded Argentum. The doublex mode is cool - you can actually see what it will look like before you push the shutter a 2nd time. Going to experiment with that!

Ditto your comments I’m impressed with the free bnw… I’m tempted to buy the whole lot. I think the doublex is the best I’ve seen for the reason you gave
I can’t seem to find the DE in Argentum.

I love ash as a wood which is scarce now. Our dining room table and sideboard is Swedish Ash.

August 29 2021 - Well, roused at stupid o clock on a foggy sunday morning, I thought I would take advantage of the tractor convention taking place behind my gaff, as the farmer prepares to gather the leek crop.
A mix of Fimo with Morandi and Argentum to capture the sheer size and physicality of the big John Deere.

AD52D64A-630E-47EC-B3CE-62494D85C09B.jpeg

80A6B626-BD23-496D-9DF3-4C285CBA490D.jpeg

87F9E3C3-96EC-45C9-8601-4368CCEF5D3D.jpeg

Farmageddon was a good expression :thumbs: Just as the soda bottles, candy packs etc the farm machines have become extremely oversized. Now the biggest ones are almost to wide for the road. Doesn’t seem very practical. The tractors from my childhood look like toys compared to the modern monsters. Nice pics all of them:cool:
They are huge, but when the cereal harvesters go barreling down the road its like a scene from Thunderbirds!

Back
Top Bottom