Mobi365 Wotanicus' Project 365 - 2021

Farmageddon was a good expression :thumbs: Just as the soda bottles, candy packs etc the farm machines have become extremely oversized. Now the biggest ones are almost to wide for the road. Doesn’t seem very practical. The tractors from my childhood look like toys compared to the modern monsters. Nice pics all of them:cool:
I live in farm country. There are fewer farmers these days and the kids aren’t sticking around to help and eventually take over the farms like they used to. At the same time the demand for food continues to rise. Bigger machinery allows the farmers to harvest more, quicker. I can’t speak for the whole world but the farmers around here are still working from sunup to sundown.

I live in farm country. There are fewer farmers these days and the kids aren’t sticking around to help and eventually take over the farms like they used to. At the same time the demand for food continues to rise. Bigger machinery allows the farmers to harvest more, quicker. I can’t speak for the whole world but the farmers around here are still working from sunup to sundown.
We too live in farm country. What I meant was why buy a machine that doesn’t fit on the road they need to use daily :)

August 29 2021 - Well, roused at stupid o clock on a foggy sunday morning, I thought I would take advantage of the tractor convention taking place behind my gaff, as the farmer prepares to gather the leek crop.
A mix of Fimo with Morandi and Argentum to capture the sheer size and physicality of the big John Deere.

View attachment 170631
View attachment 170632
View attachment 170633
This reminds me of the Jeremy Clarkson’s series. If in doubt, just buy another machine to do it preferably a Lamborghini. :lol:

August 30 2021 - Making sure I get at least one shot in for the diary.

A Pholcid spider tucked away in a corner, as a subject to try out Blackie camera, an contender for Argentum's top spot.

C4A20B4A-E382-4F90-8881-0C47CE409556.jpeg

August 31 - the latest gizmo, a telescope to mobile phone adaptor.

385473C6-99DC-4819-9D57-4DEF2E888A9A.jpeg

Naff results with a pair of field binoculars. Hoping it will be useful to hold 49" filters in front of the phone. Damned fiddly to adjust though.

91404682-EABD-4B78-A52B-E7927016AAAB.jpeg

View attachment 170745
Naff results with a pair of field binoculars. Hoping it will be useful to hold 49" filters in front of the phone. Damned fiddly to adjust though.

View attachment 170746
Drat, Bill, you keep on buying stuff that I bought jonks ago and never used. Now I’m gonna have to pull out mine and have a go. :rolleyes:

Actually I bought two of these with another bit of gizmo so that I could ‘stabilise’ both lenses of the binoculars on a tripod. Now if I can only find all the pieces……

View attachment 170745

View attachment 170746
I bought an adapter for my spotting scope. Never could get it quite right, bought a new iphone, didn’t fit the adapter……yada, yada, yada.

I bought an adapter for my spotting scope. Never could get it quite right, bought a new iphone, didn’t fit the adapter……yada, yada, yada.
Well I got off to a rubbish start, my big bioculars were already damaged, so no joy there and then I managed to snap my small telescope mount. Still, it was only £6 so can't grumble. It'll cost me more in superglue to fix everything else!

September 1 2021 - a grey autumnal day, slim pickings today I expect. Fungiwatch revealed what seems to be a large toadstool masquerading as a bracket fungus. An ideal candidate for Fimo and two indecisive pigeons on the roof for Argentum.
IMG_2136[1].JPG

IMG_2145[1].JPG

Last edited:
September 1 2021 - So here we are, a month in already. Seems like I have been doing the Mobitog thing for ages. I have been upgraded to 'Mobipassionata', which I quite like, I wonder if there's a 'Mobiobsessive' label to come?
I can’t believe you have only been around for a month. I’m surprised your label hasn’t come up as MobiPartofTheFurniture. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom