Mobi365 Wotanicus' Project 365 - 2021

WOTANICUS

IOTM WInner - Sept 21
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
A7B62538-CA96-47F9-9BBC-38B7AC06FBE8.jpeg

Starting my 365 Project on a lovely sunny August morning. One of my favourite months, so as good a place to start as any. Ive used Fimo for my initial shot as it cleanly prints a dated contact sheet, so it will serve to remind me! I'm tempted to restrict myself to Fimo for the project, but I don't know how practical that will be. Anyway, onwards!

Last edited:
I love bamboo as a subject. There's a yard I walk by downtown that used to have a small grove of it, maybe 8 feet square, but the owners took it all out last winter. :( I caught some good shots there before that.
I made the mistake of planting some of the larger variety in the front garden border and it ran amok. Shoots coming up in the lawn six feet awy from the planting and a riot of roots and runners. This crop is in the university grounds, new growth as the old stems had reached about 12-14' before the gardeners cut it back. Stunning planr.

I made the mistake of planting some of the larger variety in the front garden border and it ran amok. Shoots coming up in the lawn six feet awy from the planting and a riot of roots and runners. This crop is in the university grounds, new growth as the old stems had reached about 12-14' before the gardeners cut it back. Stunning planr.
We have some bamboo too - not as wild as yours’ but I know what you mean :)

Too true. I should have said I love other people's bamboo as a subject. :D

August 3 - Fimo TSE-50 film. Experimenting with Tilt Shift controlView attachment 169591
Looks good and thanks for reminding me. I had tested the same film in Fimo a while ago and got a few ones I liked. As it was difficult for me to understand why some pics became good but most of them not I wanted to test it some more. Only that I didn’t remember which film it was and I wasn’t even sure if it was Fimo :oops: Nice figurine by the way. What is it? Glass or metal? My DH thinks glass. Me metal. Is it a goddess?

August 4 - 2021
Forging along with Fimo, I think I will try and constrain myself to the one app for the duration, for shooting at least.

Taken this morning, looking out over the gorgeous roof garden, currently closed due to health and safety issues
BE695A68-DE41-46C0-B706-D2F35ED2480D.jpeg

Looks good and thanks for reminding me. I had tested the same film in Fimo a while ago and got a few ones I liked. As it was difficult for me to understand why some pics became good but most of them not I wanted to test it some more. Only that I didn’t remember which film it was and I wasn’t even sure if it was Fimo :oops: Nice figurine by the way. What is it? Glass or metal? My DH thinks glass. Me metal. Is it a goddess?
Glad you asked Eva - I believe it may be a swedish Pukeberg glass candlestick, at least thats what Google suggests. i got it on ebay a few years back for a song, its about 8" high and really heavy. Beautiful thing.

IMG_E0687.JPG

Glad you asked Eva - I believe it may be a swedish Pukeberg glass candlestick, at least thats what Google suggests. i got it on ebay a few years back for a song, its about 8" high and really heavy. Beautiful thing.

View attachment 169613
Haha, that’s why I vaguely remembered having seen something like that before :)

August 4 - 2021
Impromtu attempt at ICM with Spectre app. Note to self: must try harder.View attachment 169619
Good start! My personal method for ICM is "shoot a lot of frames of a lot of different things and throw most of them away." After working with ICM for a while now, I still don't have a good idea of what will be a good subject.

Back
Top Bottom