Mobi365 Wotanicus' Project 365 - 2021

November 23 - in lieu of anything remotely interesting going on around me, i'm dining off my holiday snaps for a bit.
ACFB2C40-CE39-4CB1-9726-328A4ECD7917.jpeg
F8F81238-798C-4BD6-BECD-BC31CA5DE5CE.jpeg
9817EF5F-3EB0-4CE5-8BB7-08EA958E3757.jpeg

November 26 - a week after my Cornwall holiday and I miss the wild south coast and the taste of the sea. I was put in mind on John Masefield's beautiful poem 'Sea Fever' ( nicked by Star Trek too ☹️)

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.​

November 6 - as Hipstamatic seems to be waning, Fimo's offerings are waxing in the Wotanicus camp. Following the buy one get one free offer currently running, I invested a few quid in some more films. These will be old news to some, having been around for over a year, but I was initially a bit cautious of gimmicky FX, especially given Hipstas latest lacklustre offerings. But having bought Eterna, Natura and Kodachrome 64, I also got Tokyo and a couple of other pano films too. My last freebie was Bubble, which is so heavily artefacted with light leaks, that its slipped into the gimmick category. But the classic films like Eterna and Portra are really effective. Looking forward to testing them out on my next road trip.View attachment 173036View attachment 173037View attachment 173038
Middle image nominated for IOTM

November 27 - in lieu of any dramatic xmassy snow scenes, or wintery frosts, here are a few more holiday snaps until the weather in Blighty decides to be more seasonal, or I find myself somewhere more interesting than behind a desk
60082BF6-EBDA-4C73-BDD1-32CFC83F9191.jpeg
4AE69906-D8A4-4E2B-8FD8-B94F2403FDA9.jpeg
FD108FB3-55D1-4F22-B2F5-3C1498805ACF.jpeg

Lansallos country churchyard, Fowey Car Ferry and an impressive bloom of lichen on the cottage fencepost

I had my booster today too. No side-effects so far.:thumbs:

Had mine a couple of weeks ago. No problem at all. The injection didn’t even hurt.

me neither, but ive not had any period. Got the Pfizer one today, last two were Astra.

Had Moderna on Friday, the other 2 were AZ. Achey arm is all, I think we are all getting used to being pricked.
Here the healthcare units have messed everything up and there are huge delays. Only persons over 80 have got their third dose yet

November 27 - in lieu of any dramatic xmassy snow scenes, or wintery frosts, here are a few more holiday snaps until the weather in Blighty decides to be more seasonal, or I find myself somewhere more interesting than behind a desk
View attachment 173656View attachment 173657View attachment 173658
Lansallos country churchyard, Fowey Car Ferry and an impressive bloom of lichen on the cottage fencepost
Wow, Bill, you really were inspired on your holiday. We had a short trip to Norfolk September last year otherwise it will be two years soon since my last proper holiday. Just couldn’t even be bothered to go out and get some pics after our dusting of snow today. I feel like I have reached rock bottom.

Back
Top Bottom