Mobi365 Wotanicus' Project 365 - 2021

January 4 - So Last Year
E7EBB0E0-7359-4029-A6B0-B02A13990CFF.jpeg

I’m afraid to ask what a “butty” shop is.
Pick me! Pick me!

sandwich. English sandwich - so may not resemble anything you associate with the word. My first husband was a Scouser: when he offered me a ‘chip butty’ I thought he was joking. A handful of chips from the fish’n’chips — smothered in tomato sauce between two pieces of [buttered] bread :eek:

‘Bacon butty’ makes a bit more sense - at least it’s [a nod in the direction of] protein between two slices of buttered bread . Still.

You’re welcome. Happy to share my cultural/anthropological experience.
(FYI I can also sing ‘you'll never walk alone‘ AND all 40-odd verses of ‘Olé, olé, olé olé’)

Last edited:
‘Bacon butty’ makes a bit more sense - at least it’s [a nod in the direction of] protein between two slices of buttered bread .
Butter is not always necessary with Bacon but a Sausage butty NEEDS butter. Vegetarians eat your heart out (but not literally).

Swot up on your advance test for what a bread roll is called in different parts of the UK please.

Butter is not always necessary with Bacon but a Sausage butty NEEDS butter. Vegetarians eat your heart out (but not literally).

Swot up on your advance test for what a bread roll is called in different parts of the UK please.
I give up in advance. British have more words to describe simple food than the Inuit have for snow.

Ha,ha - I never gave it a thought when i put 'butty'! Bacon butties and chip butties are the best soul food ever.

Just to consolidate the name - heres the block from the other side:

Pick me! Pick me!

sandwich. English sandwich - so may not resemble anything you associate with the word. My first husband was a Scouser: when he offered me a ‘chip butty’ I thought he was joking. A handful of chips from the fish’n’chips — smothered in tomato sauce between two pieces of [buttered] bread :eek:

‘Bacon butty’ makes a bit more sense - at least it’s [a nod in the direction of] protein between two slices of buttered bread . Still.

(FYI I can also sing ‘you'll never walk alone‘ AND all 40-odd verses of ‘Olé, olé, olé olé’)
Well, so glad it’s not what it sounds like. The chip butty sounds like my butty would be bigger if I indulged.

Ha,ha - I never gave it a thought when i put 'butty'! Bacon butties and chip butties are the best soul food ever.

Just to consolidate the name - heres the block from the other side:
Yup, I didn’t blink twice either.

Mom was a big one for Bap which I know as round rolls rather than long ones. So it was usually a bacon bap (yum!).

Pick me! Pick me!

Egad. And you're the woman who was shocked by the mention of deep-fried pickles?

Back
Top Bottom