• > CONGRATULATIONS to our very own Matt (@Smooth) on his change in Marital status! He married Danielle today, Saturday 16th November! We wish then every happiness as they start their married life together... x x <
  • MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all future MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you have been notified!

Would you Upgrade for new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 pro or iPhone 11pro Max

Dr.Ranas

MobiStarter
Real Name
Dr.Sagar Jung Rana
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
Apple Released three new iphone's yesterday I am upgrading to Iphone 11 pro Max , what about you guys ?
and what do you think about new iphones ?

Iphone 11 Pro Max

Iphone 11 Pro

Iphone 11

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I just upgraded from a 7 to an XS last year, so I'm sitting out for another year or two. So far we haven't heard much about what Apple may have done inside the 11 and 11 Pro for image processing. I'm curious to see the results when people actually get it in their hands and the developers poke into it to see what they can do with their apps. I'm also curious why they chose an ultrawide for the third lens. I'm guessing they'll be using it in combination with the other lenses -- like Portrait mode works now. By itself, ultrawide doesn't have a lot of immediate appeal for me -- the current 28mm-equivalent wide lens is plenty wide for me, as wide as I ever used on my Sony NEX or on my film cameras.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I have had my 8+ for two years now so will upgrade to the 11pro Max next week. They give me $300 on my 8+ so that brings the price to sub $1k. Still a lot but according to some memes I've seen you can heat up soup on one of the hot plates on the back ;) I find it interesting that Apple is selling AppleCare now as a monthly subscription.

MsDee

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Dee
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm considering the 11 Pro Max... I drowned my 7 Plus last spring and replaced it with an new 8 Plus, pretty decent deal after trading my 6 Plus in for it...

The new phone's camera specs grabbed my attention... I thought I heard it has an f1.8 lens!! :thumbs:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I'm considering the 11 Pro Max... I drowned my 7 Plus last spring and replaced it with an new 8 Plus, pretty decent deal after trading my 6 Plus in for it...

The new phone's camera specs grabbed my attention... I thought I heard it has an f1.8 lens!! :thumbs:
Yes, f1.8 on the wide and f2.0 on the tele.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
My experience with Android phone/cameras in the past has been the dearth and low quality of the apps. That prompted me to buy my first iPad so I could edit images. I’m guessing it’s now different as some of the apps I use appear to have been ported to the Android platform. :thumbs::)

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
My experience with Android phone/cameras in the past has been the dearth and low quality of the apps. That prompted me to buy my first iPad so I could edit images. I’m guessing it’s now different as some of the apps I use appear to have been ported to the Android platform. :thumbs::)
No, I think many of the app addicts on MobiTog would still be disappointed in the lack of good photo apps on Android.
Better hardware (maybe) but STILL not so good on the app content.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
No, I think many of the app addicts on MobiTog would still be disappointed in the lack of good photo apps on Android.
Better hardware (maybe) but STILL not so good on the app content.
A colleague of mine favors the Motorola phones. He bought a Hasselblad lens pack that was just stunning in quality. You could hardly tell images were taken with a cell phone. I was quite jealous ;)

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
A colleague of mine favors the Motorola phones. He bought a Hasselblad lens pack that was just stunning in quality. You could hardly tell images were taken with a cell phone. I was quite jealous ;)
I'd never heard of that before. This is what you're talking about?

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'd never heard of that before. This is what you're talking about?

Yes. I learned this morning that he switched back to an iPhone. Go figure. Lol