Wrecking Yard

image.jpeg

This started as another blend of Jilly's, Ted's, Catherine's, John's. That's all I remember. :mobibabe:

That's all I remember.
Has anyone studied the effects of image wrecking on short-term memory? Could be a thesis project there.:D

Anyway, I love this one -- that beautiful red, what you did with the swirls, the teal/aqua background, even the edge treatment works, which I wouldn't have expected. Something to keep looking at.

Has anyone studied the effects of image wrecking on short-term memory? Could be a thesis project there.:D

Anyway, I love this one -- that beautiful red, what you did with the swirls, the teal/aqua background, even the edge treatment works, which I wouldn't have expected. Something to keep looking at.

Exactly what Ted said, exactly. :lol::thumbs:

image.jpeg

sinnerjohn John I took this a few summers back at a local arts festival. Not the best shot in the world, he was quite a distance away and I cropped a lot - including some of the umbrella bythelooks. It's not a selfie, but it has a human in it. And it's all yours :)

Last edited:
What would inspire you John? Tell me and I'll see if I can supply it.

Never mind John :lmao: I'd like to see something with humans in it . . . Much as I love street photography I haven't ventured far, and I'm not sufficiently narcissistic to (as sinnerjohn so aptly put it) treat it like a big game fishing sport.

But the incidental captures (like Ted's Man Tipping Granny Over The Cliff' ) or people just...being people ... ? Got anything like that?

I've been using Union. You can just carry on blending if you use the Flatten button (it's the three lines top left). It combines two images to form one and you can just carry on doing that. Also Photoshop Mix where you can blend up to 6 images. I'm looking forward to seeing some selfies.

Also the much-underrated SketchClub. It's Procreate for people like me who don't have the tertiary quals and IQ to run Procreate (like our Jasongag) - does multiple layers, and brushes and other good stuff.

Could be interesting to see... Maybe I'll leave a couple here tomorrow for you people to wreck :) maybe I'll even do a couple myself... A friend sent me a pic and said I could go nuts with it so I have done a lot of playing in Glitché, Decim8 and Glitché Wizard and a few other apps.

Holding you to this, Larry. And you know the John Deere side-of-a combine I'm referring to? I've seen a couple of cool Dubble versions. Plus some of your other rusty machinery - and what about that old car? Btw no sign of Dubble's return?

View attachment 76239

sinnerjohn John I took this a few summers back at a local arts festival. Not the best shot in the world, he was quite a distance away and I cropped a lot - including some of the umbrella bythelooks. It's not a selfie, but it has a human in it. And it's all yours :)

My first thought was Jack Vettriano - I think it was the umbrella :). So I had a go in iColorama. Not sure how successful it is. I will revisit. o_O

image.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

My first thought was Jack Vettriano - I think it was the umbrella :). So I had a go in iColorama. Not sure how successful it is. I will revisit. o_O

View attachment 76248

I don't know what you were after for 'success' - but your edit really catches the environment up to the 'carnivalesque' of the figure! Which makes me think... about stuff I shouldn't be thinking about right now. (Bcs I'm thinking about motivational states in altruism). But later, I'll thinking again that your wreck makes me realise I've never thought to wreck his environment. And there's a dirty great brick wall there for starters ..!

With Smooth 's very kind permission, I offer him up for wrecking. He's looking forward to seeing what we can do with him :D.

image.jpeg

I don't know what you were after for 'success' - but your edit really catches the environment up to the 'carnivalesque' of the figure! Which makes me think... about stuff I shouldn't be thinking about right now. (Bcs I'm thinking about motivational states in altruism). But later, I'll thinking again that your wreck makes me realise I've never thought to wreck his environment. And there's a dirty great brick wall there for starters ..!

Hmmm, now I'm thinking about motivational states in altruism, closely followed by "Uh?".:lol:

What would inspire you John? Tell me and I'll see if I can supply it.
The reason I like that one of Jen's is that it actually looks like it's something of itself, not a mish mash of other stuff.
I just thought that we are wrecking 'things' not people and some human element in there might be interesting. I have a portrait I'll offer up later, when I've unearthed it.

Also the much-underrated SketchClub. It's Procreate for people like me who don't have the tertiary quals and IQ to run Procreate (like our Jasongag) - does multiple layers, and brushes and other good stuff.
Some of these apps are about as far away from photography as Trump is to Obama. It's all very much out of my comfort zone, but that's a good thing [emoji4]

After "Uh?" I thought go and find out about it. And here is what I found ...

Defining Altruism and Egoism by C Daniel Batson, University of Kansas http://portal.idc.ac.il/en/symposium/herzliyasymposium/documents/dcbatson.p.

A really interesting paper on altruism and egoism. I have always been sceptical about altruism, having always believed that helping others is done for the "good feeling" one gets from that act, therefore it being a "selfish" act. However, ...

And now I am off to lie down in a darkened room with a wet flannel over my forehead. My brain hurts :confused:.

Back
Top Bottom