Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
The Wrecking Yard...

The Rools
:confused:. Maybe guides (not very alliterative I know :)).

Anyone who would like to can post an image for wrecking in this thread.

Just to make sure that the image hasn't been posted here by mistake and to avoid distress :D, please inlcude a line in the post inviting members to get wrecking.

Edit: Participants hereby accept and give the necessary permissions, to any MobiTog members participating in this challenge, their images posted here may be wrecked (used in whole or in part) - this may be the original image, or part of, or one that has already been wrecked.

The wrecked image cannot be posted anywhere else on MobiTog.

This is for fun so no winners or losers.

If anyone wants to use an image outside of Mobitog, that’s been submitted for wrecking, then please PM the owner and ask their permission.

Mobitog site rules apply - see here: https://mobitog.com/threads/mobitog-competition-challenge-rules-guidelines.785/

And here are my starters, the origins of The Wrecking Yard in the first place...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Zenjenny suggested I abstract my b&w image of the Adirondack chair and this is what I came up with. A mash up between the chair and an image of a Buddha water fountain. iPhone 6, Photoshop Mix and iColorama for the colours.

Last edited:
Also wow! The second image with its blue/green combo is my favorite (both because I love the colors and because the strong blue balances the circular swirl better, I think).

These are fab, Jilly!! I love the first one.... that shade of pea green is one of my favorite colors.

Awesome images, Jilly!! I think I'm more partial to the blue image as well but, again, great job on both of them!

Wow - what a combination!

While you're feeling adventurous, would you consider a Diana version? Or three? :D :mobibabe:

Who said I was feeling adventurous :lol:? I'll have a go. Watch this space.:)

Also wow! The second image with its blue/green combo is my favorite (both because I love the colors and because the strong blue balances the circular swirl better, I think).

Thanks Ted.

These are fab, Jilly!! I love the first one.... that shade of pea green is one of my favorite colors.

Thank you Catherine.

Awesome images, Jilly!! I think I'm more partial to the blue image as well but, again, great job on both of them!

Thank you Lisa. I'm glad Jen persuaded me to post them, as they were languishing in my camera roll (as are so many other pictures :appwhore:).

View attachment 75670

View attachment 75671
Zenjenny suggested I abstract my b&w image of the Adirondack chair and this is what I came up with. A mash up between the chair and an image of a Buddha water fountain. iPhone 6, Photoshop Mix and iColorama for the colours.
I couldn't honestly say which of these I prefer. So I like both. :) They are deliciously busy. Interesting the difference a color can make...

Jees I love Diana app - you just never know what's coming next. I
Like Catherine says, all unique - also like Catherine I esp like the collage-looking piece. (Do you have any of the 'torn paper' apps?

Jees I love Diana app - you just never know what's coming next. I
Like Catherine says, all unique - also like Catherine I esp like the collage-looking piece. (Do you have any of the 'torn paper' apps?

Thank you Jen. I couldn't have done it without you :). I didn't know there was such a thing as a torn paper app (where've I been?). But I'm going to look now.

For Jilly:
I took some liberties with a sun and a pomegranate.

View attachment 75707

(Because I can never ever resist an invitation to mess with a picture :D)

Lovely Jen. Gorgeous colours. I was hoping you would take the baton and run with it :thumbs:. And I like to see what someone else can do with one of my pictures - we're the perfect pair :lol:.

No....do tell! The closest thing I have is Pixlr which has some great filter frames that make the edges look like torn paper.

JixiPix does one (bit classier than 'torn paper'): I will find the other and post both names.

Edit:
Torn Paper Art FX - Turn Your Normal Photos into Creative Torn Paper Pictures by Space-O Infoweb
https://appsto.re/au/HCNDN.i

RipPix by JixiPix Software
https://appsto.re/au/nvmC9.i

Seems an unlikely combo but it's beautiful... a wood grain glowing sunburst! Love the rich colors too.

image.jpeg

One of about sixty versions of a sun, a flower and a pomegranate (I forgot the flower - amazing bcs it took ages and many layers to get those petals just so :lmao: ) JillyG if you find yourself longing to wreck an abstract sun. . . be my guest :)

View attachment 75720

One of about sixty versions of a sun, a flower and a pomegranate (I forgot the flower - amazing bcs it took ages and many layers to get those petals just so :lmao: ) JillyG if you find yourself longing to wreck an abstract sun. . . be my guest :)

It's gorgeous Jen. I love the colours and the petals. It was worth the trouble for those lovely petals. I really like the sun as it is - it would definitely wreck it if I messed with it :).

View attachment 75720

Wow, this is cool!! (Or, I should say GLOWING HOT!!) :thumbs:

Wreck-age 1

image.jpeg

I added an old tyre in Diana and then into iColorama Coherence (I think o_O). I wanted to keep the gorgeous colours of Jen's original. I don't think these are an improvement on Jen's, but they're slightly different.:)

Wreck-age 2
image.jpeg

As above, only Sketch in iColorama

Wreck-age 3

image.jpeg

A mash-up in Diana, but without Jen's beautiful colours and with the add of a barn owl taken when I visited a neighbour who keeps owls.

Back
Top Bottom