Wrecking Yard

image.jpeg

Catherine's last in her 'discarded' with two of mine (one old, one new) in formulas & Union

View attachment 75793

So...first I was mixing Jen's sun with some pic of mine in Diana... I switched out a few of my pics, ending on a balloons-in-sky one.

I was in that *iphone zone*, like I was part of my iPhone, fully immersed, laying on one side, then the other, flipping on my stomach, then sort of hunched over on my knees.... not aware of time passing.

At some point Jen's sun left the mix and was replaced with my tree shot. Then a series of apps ensued... I tried different things that just didn't work, but I think the final apps that created this were Diana, Stackables, Enlight, LensLight and, of course, iColorama. :confused:
Fabulous!!

EDIT: It's also quite dark... I had "lightened it up" a bit on my iPhone as one of the final edits, but looking at it on my Mac it still seems really dark.
It looks different on my laptop screen and on my iPhone screen, but it looks good to me either way -- both dark but not too dark.

View attachment 75795

Catherine's last in her 'discarded' with two of mine (one old, one new) in formulas & Union
I really like the elongated figures in this one.

And I noticed something neat. I was looking at the image on my laptop screen and then got up to get some more coffee.:coffee: As I walked back, I was looking at the image starting from about 8 feet away, and it looked much more 3D -- more depth -- in the 6-8 foot range, with the light spot upper right becoming a cave entrance or a porthole and the figures being some distance from it. I tried the same thing with a few other images in this thread, including my own, but I only saw the effect with this one.

View attachment 75795

Wow!! This is great Jen.... I love the slender person...also see a demon face inside the chest area (maybe I've been looking at Jasongag's images for too long?? LOL) It feels like we were kind of channeling each other... perhaps your beings come from my alien planet. :alien:

I'm loving the free-flowing vibe that's happening here... thanks for starting this thread, JillyG, and I hope things keep morphing and evolving as more people join in the creative fun. :inlove:

I really like the elongated figures in this one.

And I noticed something neat. I was looking at the image on my laptop screen and then got up to get some more coffee.:coffee: As I walked back, I was looking at the image starting from about 8 feet away, and it looked much more 3D -- more depth -- in the 6-8 foot range, with the light spot upper right becoming a cave entrance or a porthole and the figures being some distance from it. I tried the same thing with a few other images in this thread, including my own, but I only saw the effect with this one.
Awesome. You have far too much time on your hands. I propose a new term: to 'terse' your image is to step back and see hidden depths of new things revealed. I terse my images all the time thanks to the humble thumbnail. To take a metaphorical twirl around the coffee pot of your mind, look at a page of thumbnails, and allow your focus to blur a bit. Sometimes you get zip. But you might just find a new piece gestating in the camera roll. Go on. Take this shot and Terse it.

Ok, so this thread finally convinced me to purchase Diana. I had seen many nice edits with it, but nothing that really seemed like it was necessary to have the app. Until now. I'm off to the App Store!!

Awesome wrecking of photos everyone ;)

Yay! Can't wait for you to drop one in Valeri !!!

I think we should rename this thread 'plagiarise at will' (or perhaps a more elegant rendition of same spirit).

The wrecking yard?

Yes Ted (blimey you're on fire today), let's start another thread called that and then anyone who wants to can drop an image in for wrecking and we can all have a go. No winners or losers, just fun.:thumbs::).

Yes Ted (blimey you're on fire today), let's start another thread called that and then anyone who wants to can drop an image in for wrecking and we can all have a go. No winners or losers, just fun.:thumbs::).
Or MT's Midnight Image Wreckers or...

Maybe we should start a second new thread for title wrecking? :lmao:

JillyG i changed the title of the thread -- you can put up the 'wrecking rools'? (Since you started this circus :)

Ooh, rools :confused:. Maybe guides (not very alliterative I know :)).

Anyone who would like to can post an image for wrecking in this thread. Just to make sure that the image hasn't been posted here by mistake and to avoid distress :D, put a line in the post inviting members to get wrecking.

If we have up to three live images at a time to start with, then, when the responses tail off, we'll ask for more images.

How does that sound?:rolleyes:

Edit: Participants should accept that their images posted here may be wrecked - that may be the original image or one that has already been wrecked. The wrecked image cannot be posted anywhere else on Mobi - for instance a wrecked image can't be entered into the Mobi Colour Challenge. Sorry if that sounds obvious, but it's worth saying.

This is for fun so no winners or losers.

Last edited:
What about wrecking a wrecked image? I'd like to see any image in the thread open for wrecking, including the results people post of their own wrecking of another image.

Good idea Ted. Participants should accept that, once their image is posted here, it may be wrecked - whether that's the original image or one that has already been wrecked. I also don't think these images should appear anywhere else on Mobi - for instance, a wrecked image cannot be put in the Mobi Colour Challenge. That's probably stating the bleeping obvious, but I think it's worth saying.

This is just for fun. As I said, there's no winners or losers in this thread. I'll go and edit my previous post re rools.

Last edited:
What about wrecking a wrecked image? I'd like to see any image in the thread open for wrecking, including the results people post of their own wrecking of another image.

Also wrecking of previously wrecked images of previously wrecked images . . . and/or previously wrecked images of previously wrecked images of wrecked images of previously wrecked images of previously wrecked images :alien:

Meta-wreckage, iow. :mobibabe:

Back
Top Bottom