Wrecking Yard

Poor old abandoned Wrecking Yard. :( Tumbleweed rolls through it on the hot dry wind.

IMG_2936.JPG
IMG_2938.JPG
IMG_2941.JPG

Details on a cushion in BrewBabu.
Someone must be able to do something with these. Jen, please feel free to use them Dubble-fashion outside WY if you wish.

You're a dreadful woman JillyG -- tempting me with these fabulous images (I can hear them from here: "collaaage me, please")

Poor old abandoned Wrecking Yard. :( Tumbleweed rolls through it on the hot dry wind.

We must find a way to invite new members in here -- we few can't be the only people interested in W R E C K I N G I M A G E S W I T H W I L D A B A N D O N ?!?

Does anybody recognise this image?

IMG_3632.JPG

It's turned up in my Dubbles (in-app) folder. I didn't take it and I think I'd remember if I found it on a stock image site.

Thing is, I do a bit of digital wrecking with my two eldest grandbabies (11 & 6) and, little digital natives that they are, they're quite adept at loading stock images from Repix and Pixite Source and the like.

But they're a bit young to understand copyright. Last year I found that I had made several rather captivating Dubbles with a very beautiful (challenge-winning, in fact) image from MobiTog. Not mine, needless to say :oops: I found that one quickly :rolleyes: , deleted everything I could on Dubble, prayed that that particular image didn't 'go viral' and sent an apologetic note to the owner, who was most understanding.

I don't know how long I've had this one - in fact I only realised yesterday that *I* was contributing this half to the Dubbles it's made. (Some nice Dubbles, too - if the owner is here and would like the additional images as well... :D)

View attachment 92219

It's turned up in my Dubbles (in-app) folder. I didn't take it and I think I'd remember if I found it on a stock image site.

Thing is, I do a bit of digital wrecking with my two eldest grandbabies (11 & 6) and, little digital natives that they are, they're quite adept at loading stock images from Repix and Pixite Source and the like.

But they're a bit young to understand copyright. Last year I found that I had made several rather captivating Dubbles with a very beautiful (challenge-winning, in fact) image from MobiTog. Not mine, needless to say :oops: I found that one quickly :rolleyes: , deleted everything I could on Dubble, prayed that that particular image didn't 'go viral' and sent an apologetic note to the owner, who was most understanding.

I don't know how long I've had this one - in fact I only realised yesterday that *I* was contributing this half to the Dubbles it's made. (Some nice Dubbles, too - if the owner is here and would like the additional images as well... :D)
Nope, I don't recognise it. I can't even get a sense of where it is from the image.

View attachment 92219

I don't recognize it either. I fed it into TinEye Reverse Image Search https://www.tineye.com but that came up empty as well.

I don't recognize it either. I fed it into TinEye Reverse Image Search https://www.tineye.com but that came up empty as well.

Never thought of that. If it doesn't show up there, that would increase the likelihood that it's a 'private' image as opposed to a stock image photo? And/or not Facebook images of somebody's Christmas dress-up work party ?

Never thought of that. If it doesn't show up there, that would increase the likelihood that it's a 'private' a school opposed to a stock image photo? And/or not Facebook images of somebody's Christmas dress-up work party ?
I don't know any details about where TinEye can look or how good it is at recognizing variations, but it's a pretty good sign that the image hasn't been posted publicly in major areas like Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, or other popular places on the web. (Now if that were my photo, I'd be posting it all over the place, but some people, you know?)

*cough* *cough* Blimey, it’s dusty in here. Who was responsible for the cleaning? Oh, that might have been me. :rolleyes: After numerous requests - well, actually no requests, just some comments, but ... I’ve unlocked the doors to the Wrecking Yard. There’s some marvellous images in here - why did we ever go away?

Rools :confused:. Or maybe guides:

Anyone who would like to can post an image for wrecking in this thread.

Just to make sure that the image hasn't been posted here by mistake and to avoid distress :D, please inlcude a line in the post inviting members to get wrecking.

Edit: Participants hereby accept and give the necessary permissions, to any MobiTog members participating in this challenge, their images posted here may be wrecked (used in whole or in part) - this may be the original image, or part of, or one that has already been wrecked.

The wrecked image cannot be posted anywhere else on MobiTog. If anyone wants to use an image outside of Mobitog, that’s been submitted for wrecking, then please PM the owner and ask their permission.

This is for fun so no winners or losers.

Feel free to browse the Gallery folder and gather images for your wrecking purposes, or add images to the folder for further wrecking:

I’ve revised the Rules - if anyone wants to use an image outside of Mobitog, that’s been submitted for wrecking, then please PM the owner and ask their permission.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom