APPstract YES! IT’S BACK! APPStract #45 Theme from fairy story or fantasy

The cow watches the dish and spoon cavort while planning the big leap. (Inspired by zenjenny Jen’s spoon)
iColorama and ArtStudio
99B4C309-AF85-4EF1-85C5-1CDA02DE6819.jpeg

Rivers was my first audible.com purchase — and Kobna Holdbrook-Smith has ruined me for any other audio books.

And did you know some of them are read by computer-generated thingies?? :eek:Talk about your sublime to ridiculous. And the book that was ruined for me thusly was a best-selling book on neuroplasticity - ie one that could easily have sprung for a proper reader. I reckon half his PhD students would’ve killed for the opportunity.
If it’s your mother tongue I think Kobe’s does a pretty good job. But to me I had to slow him down to understand him better :lol: But he’s not very good in accentuate his reading.
Another REALLY great read or better hear is “Mogworld”and “Differently Morphous” by and read from Yahtzee Croshaw. Sometimes I have to slow him down, too. Anyway: hilarious!
So are the books by Scott Meyer from the “Magic 2.0” series. Sooooo funny. Especially the idea it all starts with. Sometimes I cried with laughter! :lmao:

The students I work with have access to a couple of those thingies. I get reminded of that quite often when I read to them. I generally argue that they can use those thingies when I’m not around to read. Who wants to listen to THAT? Even just for the questions and answers on a science quiz.

I like audio books with a decent narrator in the car. On my own, I prefer to listen to the voices in my head.
Actually there are books I declined as audiobooks because of the narrator. The invisible library was horror – tried the German version, which was okay. But still a better read than listening.
BUT there is ONE audiobook series I don’t wanna miss anymore, that narrator gives the character different voices in a way that is unbelievable! Sooooo sorry for you, it is a German: the Xavier Kieffer series, a chef with his own restaurant in Luxembourg solves crime cases around food. I’ve read the first two books and loved it, got the third as audiobook, got me all others as well, because of that fantastic narrator that gives the characters those special voices. 6 fantastic books and the brain cinema works as well. I had to check back in the books: no, there everyone talked in plain German, but in the audio files, you hear the Finn, the Spanish, and many other talking German with their “typical” foreign accent. And it makes it such fun that I don’t want to read it myself again. Wish there’ll come up a 7th book soon. – as long as the same narrator does it! :D

If it’s your mother tongue I think Kobe’s does a pretty good job. But to me I had to slow him down to understand him better :lol: But he’s not very good in accentuate his reading.
Another REALLY great read or better hear is “Mogworld”and “Differently Morphous” by and read from Yahtzee Croshaw. Sometimes I have to slow him down, too. Anyway: hilarious!
So are the books by Scott Meyer from the “Magic 2.0” series. Sooooo funny. Especially the idea it all starts with. Sometimes I cried with laughter! :lmao:
You talked me into Magic 2.0. I could use a good laugh. I have to finish the book I’m on. You guys have to stop talking about reading, I’m falling behind!

You talked me into Magic 2.0. I could use a good laugh. I have to finish the book I’m on. You guys have to stop talking about reading, I’m falling behind!
To me the first is the very best, because it’s all new. When you get used to it it’s a bit harder to please, but I think he did a very good job. I love the dialogues when they get furious. So funny. :)
You can’t go wrong with the first book. Let’s see if you get hooked, too. :lol:

To me the first is the very best, because it’s all new. When you get used to it it’s a bit harder to please, but I think he did a very good job. I love the dialogues when they get furious. So funny. :)
You can’t go wrong with the first book. Let’s see if you get hooked, too. :lol:

So get on with it - let’s see your APPstract interpretation of some part of it . . . :D

As well as the Dresden Files I couldn't get into this series either. I'm thinking 'Urban Fantasy' isn't my thing. I'm more of an 'Epic Fantasy' guy, currently hooked on the various trilogies of Mark Lawrence.

I’m reading them, too. I had to google “urban fantasy” and found out that the genre I’ve been preferring for a couple of years. :lmao: I’m so out of touch in my little backwoods village.
Two of my all-time favorite books are by Clive Barker: Weave World (re-reading it for the umpteenth time now) and Imajica. How I’d love if these were made into movies.

The wolf looks sad. The pigs are running away from him before he even had a chance to say hello. He's really quite a lonely wolf and just wanted to stop by for a nice chat. And maybe a snack.
This has added import for me today since I saw that coyote with one of the chickens in its mouth! :(

Back
Top Bottom