MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
After a short vacation the mostly monthly APPStract Challenge is back in business.
7C9FB200-C453-4C55-A94C-34A85817A2B5.png

“Energy and motion made visible – memories arrested in space”
― Jackson Pollock

“Art has a voice - let it speak.”
― Rochelle Carr

Please note the rules. The images don’t have to be something that would be defined as abstract.
APPStract means mangled altered with an app or apps in a way that blurs the reality.

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

JUDGE: zenjenny Jen

THEME:
something from a fairy story
or some other kind of fantasy (homage to deepop David)
unless you’d prefer to do something completely different,

in which case, that, too :D

4D7E37EB-A369-4E8C-AF6C-52158D8049FF.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The images don’t have to be something that would be defined as abstract.
This is slightly confusing as Appstract is very similar to Abstract. Something that puts me off posting as I'm never sure about that very definition.
Maybe its just me, I'm sure Jen will have a pithy comment.

This is slightly confusing as Appstract is very similar to Abstract. Something that puts me off posting as I'm never sure about that very definition.
Maybe its just me, I'm sure Jen will have a pithy comment.
Yes, she will. She’s very good at pithy. I’m not even really clear on what pithy means. :oops:

Don’t try to analyze whether or not an image fits, just mangle something and have fun! It’s not suppose to be a study in fine art. It’s an expression of movement and feeling...... and super cool mistakes.

But called "appstract" so we don't have to worry about definitions of "abstract" :lmao: My working definition for deciding about my own stuff is something like "doesn't try to reproduce external reality."
it makes me anxious about the definition of Appstract though :rolleyes:
The point of saying “APPStract means mangled altered with an app or apps in a way that blurs the reality” is to avoid anxiousness, stress and other forms of distress about what is posted. You gotta be cool, relax, get hip and get on your track's take a back seat, hitch-hike and take a long ride on my motorbike. Get ready for the crazy little thing called APPStract

The point of saying “APPStract means mangled altered with an app or apps in a way that blurs the reality” is to avoid anxiousness, stress and other forms of distress about what is posted. You gotta be cool, relax, get hip and get on your track's take a back seat, hitch-hike and take a long ride on my motorbike. Get ready for the crazy little thing called APPStract
Sorry got a little carried away.

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

1CDCEC84-961B-4AA3-9191-B13A0F2A761D.jpeg

I started a picture featuring Harry Dresden, but couldn’t think what to do with him. So he’s going to stay as an early draft for the foreseeable future.I did give him a broom instead of a staff, but I changed my mind about that, too.

Now for my next bright idea.

Back
Top Bottom