I didn't know that... You can place your cursor with the space bar.

rizole

It's not even my banana.
Real Name
rizole
Device
Huawei
Onsite
Project Page
Who knew? Of course if everyone knows and I'm just late to the party, move on.
For those only just arriving, press and hold your space bar then move your finger/thumb left and right across it and your cursor moves left and right through text. I believe it works on iOS and android but haven't tested iOS, natch.

No more trying to wrestle the cursor in place to correct a typo with my fat and clumsy fingers.

For those only just arriving, press and hold your space bar then move your finger/thumb left and right across it and your cursor moves left and right through text. I believe it works on iOS and android but haven't tested iOS, natch.

No more trying to wrestle the cursor in place to correct a typo with my fat and clumsy fingers.

Far out. It works on iOS :thumbs:

On iOS, once you press and hold on the spacebar, the whole keyboard becomes a trackpad, so you can slide up and down as well as left and right. Does that work on Android, too?

On iOS, once you press and hold on the spacebar, the whole keyboard becomes a trackpad, so you can slide up and down as well as left and right. Does that work on Android, too?
I don't know, I'll give it a try...

So it does. Why am I only finding out about this now?

Hmmm… when I long press the space bar my keyboard just goes blank.
And once the keyboard goes blank, then without lifting, slide your finger around in the keyboard area and the cursor in the text area will move in sync.

Last edited:
…just realizing that the subject-thing-a-ma-jig (can’t think of the proper name?? Label?) “I didn’t know that” didn’t exist before, unless I’m mistaken… methinks rizole was busy at work behind the scenes. :sneaky: I’m guessing all types of interesting labels might pop up unexpectedly. :coffee:

…just realizing that the subject-thing-a-ma-jig (can’t think of the proper name?? Label?) “I didn’t know that” didn’t exist before, unless I’m mistaken… methinks rizole was busy at work behind the scenes. :sneaky: I’m guessing all types of interesting labels might pop up unexpectedly. :coffee:
All sensible and some not so sensible requests considered. :D

Am I seeing a subtle re-sizing on the front page? Or is it my imagination...
Imagination probably.
There has been a couple of extra elements added to the front page and the theme could possibly have responsive rules that change the proportion of page elements based on how much there is on the page (or not :shrug: ) but no-one's done it on purpose.

Am I seeing a subtle re-sizing on the front page? Or is it my imagination...

Imagination probably.
There has been a couple of extra elements added to the front page .

And the defunct news thread/window is gone. On my iPad the front page looks less cluttered, more streamlined

Back
Top Bottom