Younger’s Project 365 - 2022

Most of people I’ve been working with via TeleHealth (because Covid + and quarantine) have described 1-2 days unwell then feeling fine long before the mandatory seven days is up. Nice that people get to enjoy a couple of days of the quarantine.
I’ve had a very mild case, fortunately. I’d say I’m back to normal if it wasn’t for the ridiculous amount of mucus I’ve been producing which makes me cough mostly all night long. But that’s me, I get this with any respiratory virus.

I’d say it was certainly milder than most daycare bugs Joana brought home in the past!

I wouldn’t risk giving it to anyone of course, so will stay home for the 7 days. But I’d be more than ready to restart normal life from Monday onwards.

Joana’s RATs have all been negative so far, waiting on the PCR results (we took her yesterday). If she’s positive then it’s a few more days of isolation :weary: she’s completely asymptomatic though, which was my main concern :inlove:

128/365
Joana’s PCR came back positive :zip: she’s completely asymptomatic which is awesome, but now we’ll have to isolate for longer o_O

Fine, Hipstamatic
88414932-216D-473F-9BF3-FAAAC819AFDE.jpeg

So the only thing you can do is try and make the best of this. Having fun and relaxing without having to take out any vacation days :)
Yes and no :D I still have to do Telehealth and will be alone with Joana for 2 whole days when Mark’s out of his isolation. So good chance my patients will be hearing “things” in the background!

132/365
The world according to Joana
I always made a point of buying “boys” and “girls” clothes since she was a baby, getting toys of every colour, buying fairy gadgets and monster trucks so she can be expose to a wide variety of tastes and activities. I remember growing up in a world where people could wear whatever colour they wanted and nobody would think twice if they were using a colour that was designated to a different gender.

Nowadays there are whole pink/red/purple “girls” sections and dark red/black/dark green/dark blue “boys” sections. So boring and such lack of creativity. I know this has happened gradually over some decades but I never cared or paid much attention until I had Joana. I can’t for the life of me find green/yellow things that easily. What’s wrong with the world!

Despite my assumed open mindedness my darling daughter is a pink fanatic :lol: and sadly has said a few times that “boys don’t paint their nails” or “boys don’t wear jewellery”. The only place she can possibly hear it from is daycare but not sure whether from other kids (hopefully) or from the educators (hopefully not). I always tell her that people wear what they want and we’re all humans that can do whatever makes us happy (as long as it’s safe and doesn’t affect anyone/anything around us negatively). Kinda impressive how societal norms are imposed on us from the get go and how many obvious and some less obvious consequences it has on our individual and collective wellbeing.

I guess all this time at home has awakened the philosopher in me :lol: not

FullSpecturm
DC1BFF86-AE9B-48AF-9F47-C33C049E6101.jpeg

132/365
I always made a point of buying “boys” and “girls” clothes since she was a baby, getting toys of every colour, buying fairy gadgets and monster trucks so she can be expose to a wide variety of tastes and activities. I remember growing up in a world where people could wear whatever colour they wanted and nobody would think twice if they were using a colour that was designated to a different gender.

Nowadays there are whole pink/red/purple “girls” sections and dark red/black/dark green/dark blue “boys” sections. So boring and such lack of creativity. I know this has happened gradually over some decades but I never cared or paid much attention until I had Joana. I can’t for the life of me find green/yellow things that easily. What’s wrong with the world!

Despite my assumed open mindedness my darling daughter is a pink fanatic :lol: and sadly has said a few times that “boys don’t paint their nails” or “boys don’t wear jewellery”. The only place she can possibly hear it from is daycare but not sure whether from other kids (hopefully) or from the educators (hopefully not). I always tell her that people wear what they want and we’re all humans that can do whatever makes us happy (as long as it’s safe and doesn’t affect anyone/anything around us negatively). Kinda impressive how societal norms are imposed on us from the get go and how many obvious and some less obvious consequences it has on our individual and collective wellbeing.

FullSpecturm
View attachment 180427
It’s subliminal - I blame Disney!:lol: Is Joana offended by that grey mark?:D

132/365

FullSpecturm
View attachment 180427
Sounds like you are doing an excellent job of modeling non-judgmental attitude toward all. I started sewing because my boys wanted to wear styles that just weren’t available in our area.

132/365

FullSpecturm
View attachment 180427
You must show Joanna photos of Linus’ nails :D AND he loves pink. His extra chromosome can be a real asset. He’s totally unaware of societal norms. My old Mum has difficulties hiding that she thinks he shouldn’t wear nail polish though. She’s very conservative. When I was a small kid it was pink for girls and blue for boys, but sometimes neutral yellow :) But I had perfect timing when I got into my teens and suddenly everyone could wear whatever they liked.

You must show Joanna photos of Linus’ nails :D AND he loves pink. His extra chromosome can be a real asset. He’s totally unaware of societal norms. My old Mum has difficulties hiding that she thinks he shouldn’t wear nail polish though. She’s very conservative. When I was a small kid it was pink for girls and blue for boys, but sometimes neutral yellow :) But I had perfect timing when I got into my teens and suddenly everyone could wear whatever they liked.
Most people from your mum’s generation will have trouble with all that. If my grandmother were alive she would have a heart attack every time she saw Joana wearing black (forbidden for kids :lmao:) or one of the “boys” outfits. My mother was very concerned that I wanted to dress her as a pirate when we spent Carnaval there back in 2019 :appsir: she was only 7 months old…

When I was a kid we all wore the same kind of clothes. Of course flowery/heart themed ones for girls but otherwise yellow, orange, red, different shades of blue and green were always in everyone’s wardrobe. Pink was probably always a girly thing too, but I was never much of a fan :D

I’ve shown her photos of Linus blowing bubbles, I’ll show her one of him with the nail polish too! :inlove:

My son sported nail polish. Usually black or a really dark olive that we shared.

I’ve had a very mild case, fortunately. I’d say I’m back to normal if it wasn’t for the ridiculous amount of mucus I’ve been producing which makes me cough mostly all night long. But that’s me, I get this with any respiratory virus.

I’d say it was certainly milder than most daycare bugs Joana brought home in the past

I wouldn’t risk giving it to anyone of course, so will stay home for the 7 days. But I’d be more than ready to restart normal life from Monday onwards.

Joana’s RATs have all been negative so far, waiting on the PCR results (we took her yesterday). If she’s positive then it’s a few more days of isolation :weary: she’s completely asymptomatic though, which was my main concern :inlove:
Glad Joana is asymptomatic.
We both had a horrible flu that wasn’t Covid, I had a post-viral cough for nearly three weeks before my GP tried a Serretide inhaler. I’m still traumatised :eek:

Worst thing is, having this one doesn’t reduce my chances of getting covid :lmao:

Glad Joana is asymptomatic.
We both had a horrible flu that wasn’t Covid, I had a post-viral cough for nearly three weeks before my GP tried a Serretide inhaler. I’m still traumatised :eek:

Worst thing is, having this one doesn’t reduce my chances of getting covid :lmao:
Apparently having covid doesn’t reduce your chances of having covid. :rolleyes: GeeSh…………

Back
Top Bottom