Leaving the movies. Now all we watch are kids movies :D
Filto
CA5E6526-A590-4327-868D-F5BEEEB59BB0.png

142/365
Raining nonstop
Crazy year
No edit
View attachment 180904
No, no, no. Not crazy year for you folks - crazy 3-4 years if you take into account the magnitude of all your recent disasters. Yes, you folks have floods and bushfires on an annual basis but these ones seem to be in another league!

No, no, no. Not crazy year for you folks - crazy 3-4 years if you take into account the magnitude of all your recent disasters. Yes, you folks have floods and bushfires on an annual basis but these ones seem to be in another league!
True!! Started in 2019 and counting!

148/365
I got “gifted” a Samsung Galaxy A13 by my mobile service provider. It’ll cost me AUD18 but I have to stay with them for another 2 years - was not interested in changing providers anyway and needed a 2nd phone for my Brazilian number since it was stuck inside my dear old iPhone 5C whose battery lasted less than a day and didn’t support any apps anymore, besides heating up like crazy when I took photos with it. It was ready for a minor explosion. The Samsung will not be my primary phone but I’ll be taking some photos over the weekend to test it out.

I believe this is at the bottom of the fancy list for android phones so not too sure if the quality will be that good. Accepting suggestions for android-only photo apps so I can use them with my new toy!

Currently stuck in my office watching a dermatology climate change meeting so not many exciting photos :lol: but we are going to Sydney later today and I’ll try to use the new phone.

Picai
276B82C1-2A88-44C7-9B13-F2F2F55C9EF8.jpeg

148/365
I got “gifted” a Samsung Galaxy A13 by my mobile service provider. It’ll cost me AUD18 but I have to stay with them for another 2 years - was not interested in changing providers anyway and needed a 2nd phone for my Brazilian number since it was stuck inside my dear old iPhone 5C whose battery lasted less than a day and didn’t support any apps anymore, besides heating up like crazy when I took photos with it. It was ready for a minor explosion. The Samsung will not be my primary phone but I’ll be taking some photos over the weekend to test it out.

I believe this is at the bottom of the fancy list for android phones so not too sure if the quality will be that good. Accepting suggestions for android-only photo apps so I can use them with my new toy!

Currently stuck in my office watching a dermatology climate change meeting so not many exciting photos :lol: but we are going to Sydney later today and I’ll try to use the new phone.

Picai
View attachment 181039
Well, you can certainly stick Snapseed on there. sinnerjohn John and rizole Rizole will be able to help you with others.

Well, you can certainly stick Snapseed on there. sinnerjohn John and rizole Rizole will be able to help you with others.
My three 2nd tear apps after snapseed are toolwiz, picsart and pixlr but I'm not a very appy sort of user so John may have a better list.
Android's can't compete on the range and quality of apps you can get compared to iDevices of course.

Accepting suggestions for android-only photo apps
Very few Android only apps, the majority are already on ios and there are many as Rizole says that are not available to us 2nd class citizens :rolleyes:
The only 'only' app I can think of is 'Vignette for Android' which has been on every phone I've ever owned (that was capable) and is still updated.

Depends on what you want to do really, there are lots of filter apps available the best being VSCO and Lightroom, but if you're into the heavy manipulation some folks do on here then forget it :lol:

Very few Android only apps, the majority are already on ios and there are many as Rizole says that are not available to us 2nd class citizens :rolleyes:
The only 'only' app I can think of is 'Vignette for Android' which has been on every phone I've ever owned (that was capable) and is still updated.

Depends on what you want to do really, there are lots of filter apps available the best being VSCO and Lightroom, but if you're into the heavy manipulation some folks do on here then forget it :lol:
Why do you think that is? I can’t imagine that the demand is less, so I guess developers are just not given the routines that enable creation of more robust apps.

Is there a thread or threads that discuss this here on Mobitog? I don’t want to hijack Juliana’s thread.

VSCO and Lightroom are also for iPhone. I’ll just take a photo every now and then with the Samsung and still edited on here (iPhone). Thanks!!

149/365
So I took a photo with each phone last night of different lights and perspectives. Night photography is very challenging, particularly if you have a 3yo in the middle of a crowd :D I didn’t adjust any settings and didn’t edit the photos in any way. I know my Samsung is probably equipped with a very average camera but… I must say that I love my iPhone! Can’t wait for the 14 to be released so I can go and grab it. Happy to have a spare phone though, I use my Brazilian number for banking there and lots of other things and now I’ll be able to use my current iPhone to save a few hundred dollars when I buy the new version.

Android photo
085CDF9D-D209-4F10-8398-439955BFC515.jpeg

iPhone version
9B59F190-B30D-4D63-961A-8EECA7E15D1D.jpeg

Edit: But I was thinking here and “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”. So maybe you android peeps will prefer the top image. And maybe I prefer the bottom one because that’s what I’m used to seeing daily. Who knows. I saw a very interesting article a few weeks ago that might explain some of this (hopefully the link works)

Last edited:
149/365
So I took a photo with each phone last night of different lights and perspectives. Night photography is very challenging, particularly if you have a 3yo in the middle of a crowd :D I didn’t adjust any settings and didn’t edit the photos in any way. I know my Samsung is probably equipped with a very average camera but… I must say that I love my iPhone! Can’t wait for the 14 to be released so I can go and grab it. Happy to have a spare phone though, I use my Brazilian number for banking there and lots of other things and now I’ll be able to use my current iPhone to save a few hundred dollars when I buy the new version.

Android photo
View attachment 181071

iPhone version
View attachment 181072

Edit: But I was thinking here and “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”. So maybe you android peeps will prefer the top image. And maybe I prefer the bottom one because that’s what I’m used to seeing daily. Who knows. I saw a very interesting article a few weeks ago that might explain some of this (hopefully the link works)
Interesting article :thumbs: I prefer the bottom one, but as you say, that’s probably because this is what I get from my phone - not the same view though :D

149/365

Android photo
View attachment 181071

iPhone version
View attachment 181072

Wow, the difference is stark isn’t it? The top one might be more “arty” because of the blur, but I prefer the bottom one. At least if you start out with an image that is sharp you can do what you like with it. The other one, however, …

Back
Top Bottom