younger

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
161/365
Flexture, mrrw, Snapseed… I think that’s all!
9A085AEB-3A47-4508-BE2D-BD6812376448.jpeg

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Aren’t they? What else can they be?
This is so hard and so funny at the same time. I had similar issues when I lived in Portugal. Same language, different uses for the same word.
I was at the gym there once and the instructor told us to “activate your glutes” but it sounded like “though each other’s ass*****” in Brazil :D
I hope you saw the explanation on my reply to sinnerjohn . Think deep fried cornbread.

I really enjoy the differences in languages. I was an interpreter for the deaf for a a few years and was blown away by the visual descriptive beauty of American Sign Language.

I also quite often prefer other words for things. I happen to like ’boot“ and “bonnet” way better than “trunk“ and “hood”.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Also, when I got here my friend offered me her husband’s thongs because I didn’t want to walk barefoot. However, since I originally learned American English, I thought she was offering me his g-string underwear. It was a difficult conversation :zip:
It’s not just the fact that it’s American English; it’s also the passage of time. I knew the footwear as thongs for decades before g-strings became more prevalent.

younger

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
This looks really good. It’s been a while since I last used Vinci. I will open it right away. What I like with this is that the ”filter’ is not so strong. It looks almost like a normal photo but with a cool twist
I know, it’s hard to find that balance. Sometimes these edits distort the objects/people, but this one didn’t.

younger

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
169/365
This section always existed but I never really understood why different categories of food hung out together. Now they’ve put up a sign! I guess the competition (Aldi) is making them up their game…
No edit
32C45FB3-C471-4C7B-BCD5-034DDE71CDB6.jpeg

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March & May 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone X
169/365
This section always existed but I never really understood why different categories of food hung out together. Now they’ve put up a sign! I guess the competition (Aldi) is making them up their game…
No edit
View attachment 168020
First I’ve seen that…. Could have something to do with the Aussie/ English trade deal just signed

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
169/365
No edit
View attachment 168020
Can I just point out that TAYTO is definitely not a UK brand name, it needs removing from that section immediately :alien:

But hey, Pot Noodles, Jelly Tots, Rice Pudding and chocolate bars, we really want to show you aussies the best of British :lol: