Mobi365 Younger's Project 365 - 2021

224/365
New waste
No edit, portrait mode
726B8616-64A7-483A-A795-6BF7D28CD057.jpeg

227/365
Next step: building! And we should have our own house by this time next year (covid and Armageddon permitting, fingers crossed!).
No edit
View attachment 170035
This time next year? I’m guessing you’ve never built before? Our current abode went well over schedule and I was working in the building/ construction game at that time.

40-42 weeks is the estimate, we’re thinking a bit more but hopefully not 6 months more!
In 1989 we started building a two-story addition to our house. We thought it'd be about 9 months, but it took 18. We were interrupted by an earthquake, though. :lmao:

The final stage of building -- all the finish work inside -- can be maddening if you watch too closely. The house looks great on the outside and seems to be 99.9% done on the inside, but the time str-e-t-c-hes out as the builders wander around inside doing little things here and fixing little things there. Breathing exercises and a zen attitude can be very helpful.

In 1989 we started building a two-story addition to our house. We thought it'd be about 9 months, but it took 18. We were interrupted by an earthquake, though. :lmao:

The final stage of building -- all the finish work inside -- can be maddening if you watch too closely. The house looks great on the outside and seems to be 99.9% done on the inside, but the time str-e-t-c-hes out as the builders wander around inside doing little things here and fixing little things there. Breathing exercises and a zen attitude can be very helpful.
Yes, what Ted said. The final stages are the worst, when you just want it finished. Congratulations younger Juliana - it’s going to be so exciting!

Yes, what Ted said. The final stages are the worst, when you just want it finished. Congratulations younger Juliana - it’s going to be so exciting!
This time next year? I’m guessing you’ve never built before? Our current abode went well over schedule and I was working in the building/ construction game at that time.

Not in a hurry, so it can take however long it takes. Just very excited to have it started because the main problem was Mark giving the ok, which “only” took 5 years :alien: and that’s because he already had these plans since before we met 6 years ago, so it’s actually been at least 10 years waiting to start! So even if it takes another 2 years from now, I’ll still be laughing :lmao:

40-42 weeks is the estimate, we’re thinking a bit more but hopefully not 6 months more!
Not in a hurry, so it can take however long it takes. Just very excited to have it started because the main problem was Mark giving the ok, which “only” took 5 years :alien: and that’s because he already had these plans since before we met 6 years ago, so it’s actually been at least 10 years waiting to start! So even if it takes another 2 years from now, I’ll still be laughing :lmao:
Sounds like me an my wife… she was all for building and I wasn’t, so looking at it from your perspective I can see why your happy

228/365
First day of holidays. We were supposed to travel, it’s been booked since May, alas. Most of Australia in lockdown. BUT, I am still on holidays and spent the day doing… NOTHING. So the bear and the dog got very distressed and decided to look up another place to stay.
PsCamera
4F8ECD25-4A03-4406-8861-E70F35B22C95.jpeg

228/365
First day of holidays. We were supposed to travel, it’s been booked since May, alas. Most of Australia in lockdown. BUT, I am still on holidays and spent the day doing… NOTHING. So the bear and the dog got very distressed and decided to look up another place to stay.
PsCamera
View attachment 170094
We were booked to go to Hobart at the end of this month……oh well

228/365
PsCamera
View attachment 170094
Where has the vaccination program gone wrong down under? The UK is open for business as usual now, but with many more cases in the population than you seem to have. It's all a bit of a mess.

Where has the vaccination program gone wrong down under? The UK is open for business as usual now, but with many more cases in the population than you seem to have. It's all a bit of a mess.
Well, a big part of it was not enough doses bought by the government and mixed messages from the PM and some state premiers who were bashing the AZ vaccine. Also, because there’s no formal vaccination campaign, and because we had very few cases overall, people are not in a hurry to get the jab. Put all this together and voilà, you’ve got lockdown and increasing numbers in NSW. :barf:

Back
Top Bottom