Mobi365 Younger's Project 365 - 2021

46/365
RNI films
5B94CB40-8083-45A1-8DA0-71C4D4E962DD.jpeg

47/365
Went to have my medical exam today to renew/change my visa. I have always been thin and despite being heavier than ever, I’m certainly still thin. However, since I had Joana, I look pregnant due to a huge separation of my abdominal muscles, and after 2.5 years of physiotherapy and regular exercises and no improvement, have led to the sad conclusion that the only way to fix it is through surgery (due to back pain and potential hernia too). We have been trying to get pregnant now for over 1 year, have had 1 miscarriage and no pregnancy so far. But random people ask me at least once a week if I’m pregnant because of the way I look, which sucks since I really want to be. I’ll turn 42 this year, which doesn’t make any of this easier. And today a random guy who was there for his exam asked me in the waiting room, which was full, if front of everyone, if I was pregnant. And... I lost it. Not my finest moment, for sure, but I’m actually glad I didn’t let him get away with it. This edit represents how I saw the waiting room while I was interacting with him, and for a good while after.
So I needed to vent.

Glitché
DC140CC5-91B2-4BBB-8B3F-565984068D83.jpeg

47/365
Went to have my medical exam today to renew/change my visa. I have always been thin and despite being heavier than ever, I’m certainly still thin. However, since I had Joana, I look pregnant due to a huge separation of my abdominal muscles, and after 2.5 years of physiotherapy and regular exercises and no improvement, have led to the sad conclusion that the only way to fix it is through surgery (due to back pain and potential hernia too). We have been trying to get pregnant now for over 1 year, have had 1 miscarriage and no pregnancy so far. But random people ask me at least once a week if I’m pregnant because of the way I look, which sucks since I really want to be. I’ll turn 42 this year, which doesn’t make any of this easier. And today a random guy who was there for his exam asked me in the waiting room, which was full, if front of everyone, if I was pregnant. And... I lost it. Not my finest moment, for sure, but I’m actually glad I didn’t let him get away with it. This edit represents how I saw the waiting room while I was interacting with him, and for a good while after.
So I needed to vent.

Glitché
View attachment 164769
I'm glad you vented, I would never dream of asking a stranger such a personal question, some people huh.

47/365
So I needed to vent.

Glitché
View attachment 164769
What a terrible experience, Juliana! I am amazed at the insensitivity of people. And the worst part, they don’t see anything wrong with asking personal questions or making “helpful” comments. Good for you for having a rant! If more us on the receiving end had a rant, perhaps a light bulb would go off in their dim heads! Meantime, sending hugs your way! :hearteyes:

I completely agree with all of you. Well done Juliana :thumbs: I often get mad when people say stupid things. Especially when it comes to what idiots can say about Linus. I seldom say what I think though. I must practice more. But once I really lost it. It was my boss, when I still was working, but only part time because of my health issues. She said to me that she envied me because I had so much leisure compared to her - a hardworking boss with three times my salary. I explained to her that in that case she could just someone to cut up her stomach and messing everything up. She stared at me with a strange face. She was used me as a person always smiling and telling funny jokes.

47/365
So I needed to vent.

Glitché
View attachment 164769
Agh, what an awful experience for you. :kissingheart: And after all you’ve been through too. When will you have the surgery, do you know yet?

Agh, what an awful experience for you. :kissingheart: And after all you’ve been through too. When will you have the surgery, do you know yet?
I'm glad you vented, I would never dream of asking a stranger such a personal question, some people huh.

got to agree with John

What a terrible experience, Juliana! I am amazed at the insensitivity of people. And the worst part, they don’t see anything wrong with asking personal questions or making “helpful” comments. Good for you for having a rant! If more us on the receiving end had a rant, perhaps a light bulb would go off in their dim heads! Meantime, sending hugs your way! :hearteyes:

I completely agree with all of you. Well done Juliana :thumbs: I often get mad when people say stupid things. Especially when it comes to what idiots can say about Linus. I seldom say what I think though. I must practice more. But once I really lost it. It was my boss, when I still was working, but only part time because of my health issues. She said to me that she envied me because I had so much leisure compared to her - a hardworking boss with three times my salary. I explained to her that in that case she could just someone to cut up her stomach and messing everything up. She stared at me with a strange face. She was used me as a person always smiling and telling funny jokes.
Thanks, everyone. It’s usually my patients (!?!?!?) who ask me, some who know me for a bit longer even touch my tummy! But also random people at the chemist, friends that I don’t see often, you name it. It’s a long list :angry:
I can do the surgery at anytime, but I’d rather wait to see what’s going to happen. But it’ll be at the end of this year or 6 months after a baby is born, whichever happens first!

Thanks, everyone. It’s usually my patients (!?!?!?) who ask me, some who know me for a bit longer even touch my tummy! But also random people at the chemist, friends that I don’t see often, you name it. It’s a long list :angry:
I can do the surgery at anytime, but I’d rather wait to see what’s going to happen. But it’ll be at the end of this year or 6 months after a baby is born, whichever happens first!
Best wishes and best of luck on your quest. :hearteyes:

47/365
So I needed to vent.

Glitché
View attachment 164769
Well, I do so hope that you fall pregnant. I was wondering whether you wanted a second but didn’t want to ask! Also, I would never dream of asking someone if they were pregnant - I would wait for them to say something first.

Back
Top Bottom