Mobi365 Younger's Project 365 - 2021

156/365
We had lunch at a friend’s house today. Joana needed to take her own friends.
No edit
918330AC-3AA7-41EE-91C0-FABDB3409913.jpeg

160/365
I started a new training (no, I’m not normal) so I have to go to Sydney every Wednesday and of course come back at the end of the day. I get quite tired, but my brain is very happy with the new challenge.
Today I managed to grad lunch at Chargrill Charlie’s, who Geek1956 might be familiar with too ;) we don’t have them here in Newcastle and their hot chips are to die for. They also make lots of yummy salads, roasted veggies, lasagnas and, as expected, multiple chicken things. This household is a fan!
No edit
AEAEECA3-F79F-4BAE-BBA0-D41B84BFAD00.jpeg

160/365
I started a new training (no, I’m not normal) so I have to go to Sydney every Wednesday and of course come back at the end of the day. I get quite tired, but my brain is very happy with the new challenge.
Today I managed to grad lunch at Chargrill Charlie’s, who Geek1956 might be familiar with too ;) we don’t have them here in Newcastle and their hot chips are to die for. They also make lots of yummy salads, roasted veggies, lasagnas and, as expected, multiple chicken things. This household is a fan!
No edit
View attachment 167823
Not to start another international terminology incident, but, are your ‘hot chips’ like our ‘French fries’?

I've never been to Florida but I'm 100% sure there's a Key West Fish and Chip shop :D
I’ve never been to Key West But have a friend that goes every year. I’ll tell her to look out for it. Years ago there was a Arthur Treacher’s franchise in our nearby little city. That also had a fish and chips on the menu. After that it became a Long John Silvers and had Fish and Hushpuppies on that menu. Now it’s the site of a pizza place. It’s the American way, I guess……

Anyway, special places aside, if go to beautiful downtown Port Byron to Brenda’s Diner and order Fish and Chips, I’m getting a prebreaded frozed fish fillet with potato chips (crisps) on the side. Also coleslaw, fish always comes with coleslaw.

160/365
No edit
View attachment 167823

Never heard of it but I checked it out and they’re mainly situated in the CBD and eastern and northern Sydney. I’m out west near Parramatta.

But Hushpuppies are shoes :barf:
Aren’t they? What else can they be?
This is so hard and so funny at the same time. I had similar issues when I lived in Portugal. Same language, different uses for the same word.
I was at the gym there once and the instructor told us to “activate your glutes” but it sounded like “though each other’s ass*****” in Brazil :D

Aren’t they? What else can they be?
This is so hard and so funny at the same time. I had similar issues when I lived in Portugal. Same language, different uses for the same word.
I was at the gym there once and the instructor told us to “activate your glutes” but it sounded like “though each other’s ass*****” in Brazil :D
Also, when I got here my friend offered me her husband’s thongs because I didn’t want to walk barefoot. However, since I originally learned American English, I thought she was offering me his g-string underwear. It was a difficult conversation :zip:

Back
Top Bottom