Your Favorite Paks for Overcast / Drizzle Conditions ?

chrisD46

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Chris
Hello Fellow Hipstamatic Users - what are your favorite Hipstamatic Paks for overcast / drizzle outdoor (city / landscape) mobile photographs ? ... * I'll be taking a trip to the US Pacific Northwest (Seattle) where a significant amount of the time from Fall through Spring it can be shrouded in overcast & drizzle. Color as well as B&W favorite paks for such conditions are certainly welcome - thank you in advance !

Hello Fellow Hipstamatic Users - what are your favorite Hipstamatic Paks for overcast / drizzle outdoor (city / landscape) mobile photographs ? ... * I'll be taking a trip to the US Pacific Northwest (Seattle) where a significant amount of the time from Fall through Spring it can be shrouded in overcast & drizzle. Color as well as B&W favorite paks for such conditions are certainly welcome - thank you in advance !
Reaching out to some of our HipstaAficionados: Populuxe Kent, lkbside Leslie, Web-Betty Melissa - any suggestions for chrisD46 Chris?

Hi Chris! I’m trying to wade through the mass of Hipsta stuff myself so I will be of no help whatsoever. I am looking forward to see what our Hipstamatic experts have to say. Many of the combos I use came from one of the them. Hope you stick around!

OP here : A couple in color I will start with are : Lowy + Blanco , Helga Viking + Ina's 1935 . In B&W , I'll start with John S + BlacKeys SuperGrain .
I will def check them out. It may take a while to locate each element….I wish they were alphabetized in Hipstamatic the same way as hipstamaticX.

Of the recent Paks , Shimokitzawa looks like it would play nice in Seattle (Portland as well) ... I'll wait to see what our PNW friends have to share ?

I will def check them out. It may take a while to locate each element….I wish they were alphabetized in Hipstamatic the same way as hipstamaticX.
YESSSSSSSS. Partly why I stopped using Hipstamatic. It's too overwhelming for me. I also wish it had the ability to create folders.

I like desaturated paks for overcast days. It adds to the atmosphere. So the Ballard Hipstapak is high on my list, and not only because it's the only Hipstapak from Seattle so far. I also recommend the Södermalm Hipstapak, another desaturated pak. For B/W, I'm a big fan of Uchitel 20 (okay, not really black and white, but close enough), and BlacKeys 44. It's a legacy film from the old original Disposable app.

I like desaturated paks for overcast days. It adds to the atmosphere. So the Ballard Hipstapak is high on my list, and not only because it's the only Hipstapak from Seattle so far. I also recommend the Södermalm Hipstapak, another desaturated pak. For B/W, I'm a big fan of Uchitel 20 (okay, not really black and white, but close enough), and BlacKeys 44. It's a legacy film from the old original Disposable app.
I like the pak suggestions - desaturation (close cousin to Devo's de-evolution) will definitely work ! Another B&W film I will play with is US1776 which is a lower contrast , grainy film as Seattle is akin to Liverpool in terms of the atmospheric mood by the sea ... , Of course in Hipsta post-processing you can tweak the look of each combo to really dial in your vision for each image .

Back
Top Bottom