MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Deep.............very deep

Beautiful. The figures are pared down and simple, but recognisably human, like a Lowry.

[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Outstanding!!

Thank you :notworthy: Jilly I didn’t know Lowry, so I’ve had the pleasure of looking him up and having a bit of a browse. I married a Scouser, once, btw - so I felt somewhat of a bond :mobibabe: It dawned on me, too, that I would probably hear about photographers and artists I didn’t know for the rest of my days. Happy thought :)

terse

IOTM Winner May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
She was delighted because the apocalypse was here?
I hadn't thought of that. I assumed it must have come from early in the book, and she's delighted to see the bomb she placed in Mr. Darcy's carriage blow him to smithereens.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
She'd be a Regency heroine, I think, like in all the romance novels. The Victorians thought Jane Austen a bit crude. o_O:lmao:

Damn - shows how much attention I paid :oops:

The Victorians, then, wouldn’t have approved of Elizabeth’s breathless frolicking barefoot in the fields? Or, for that matter, the bomb in Mr Darcy’s carriage blowing him to smithereens :mobibabe:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
She was delighted because the apocalypse was here?

Sort of. She sees Mr Darcy’s holdings for the first time and everything changes for her. She’s seeing great wealth and productivity and beauty, many servants and livestock. Everything in harmony, everything in perfect order - ‘natural’ - and she realises that she’s also seeing Darcy in his own element, for who he truly is. And in a few more chapters they live happily ever after.

Top Bottom