Zenjen’s wreckages

Eden for Beginners 2

Trying out an old image as a diptych.
Black or white ?

B6D0629A-D233-47E8-B406-24F469936CBD.jpeg F89CCA9B-4FBC-4580-9303-03928790DF97.jpeg

Last edited:
Eden for Beginners 2

View attachment 162356

Trying out an old image as a diptych.
Black or white ?

View attachment 162357

Tough choice, but I think I like the light-bordered set. That border is a bit unusual and interesting, while the black one is more typical. On the other hand, the black border draws the two halves together a bit more, as if I were looking out through a window. The black border also makes the image look a bit darker (I'm guessing the two versions are the same except for the border?).

EDIT: Maybe add a third variation with a thinner black border?

Last edited:
I think the image ) is dark & intense enough that separating halves doesn’t really ‘separate’ them - just draws attention to the dark and heavy :(

I’d welcome others’ suggestions. Here’s the original: have at it (wreck at will :D)

32B67FF6-0302-4668-947D-264D3A2D8740.jpeg

Last edited:
The Moon Maker ( making moons)

View attachment 162393

I may just make ‘moon making’ images for the rest of my days. Like Geek1956 Kevin says about collage-ing, “very meditative”.

This one started with something I liked in FotoDa. Union Glitché SnapSeed Distressed Fx.
Unusual and beautiful colors. I am stealing the palette, just so you know.

I love the colours, too. How does one steal a palette?
Downloaded your image, went to Procreate, opened an image and selected palettes form the color chooser menu. Add>from image> then selected your image. I named it Jen’s brown to blue. Then I deleted your image so I don’t steal that!
78EC8702-6FA3-4485-B7F4-FCA8F0DBAF1F.jpeg

Downloaded your image, went to Procreate, opened an image and selected palettes form the color chooser menu. Add>from image> then selected your image. I named it Jen’s brown to blue. Then I deleted your image so I don’t steal that!
View attachment 162397

what a great feature! Does that mean you can select it and make an image using only those hues?

View attachment 162487
obviously not in order (AutoCollage) but you get the picture (ha ha).
there are a few runs through SnapSeed and distressed fx blending & erasing bits of different versions
As you can see the main shape is from the diagonal of man/dog .
I used just the gold lines of the angel colouring in page and the shiniest bits of the stars (that image may have been pre-wrecked ). There was another crop that I liked bcs it brought out the demonic face. i bet I didn’t save it.
That version of the original photo at the top right corner is a winner in itself also. Might also be good in b/w, but I love the color here.

Back
Top Bottom