Zenjen’s wreckages

Daddy you hardly knew me

EFDA9A73-6DB3-45F1-B3BA-C38095182562.jpeg

Ongoing apologies to Sylvia Plath. Collage edit: usual apps.

Last edited:
Starzee terse these are the most recent jigsaws I’ve made for my DH. One you’ll recognise as a flat-out theft from Klee. But it had such nice lines snd shades, and we won’t be selling the jigsaws : )

1CE8C8E8-0779-4F41-85F1-8B55407ED406.jpeg

aefit: btw the jigsaw app will let him make a maximum of 440 (thereabouts) pieces from an imported image. Before you think any of them are cruel and unusual.

Starzee terse these are the most recent jigsaws I’ve made for my DH. One you’ll recognise as a flat-out theft from Klee. But it had such nice lines snd shades, and we won’t be selling the jigsaws : )

aefit: btw the jigsaw app will let him make a maximum of 440 (thereabouts) pieces from an imported image. Before you think any of them are cruel and unusual.
I saw on one of my rare visits to FB, a coworker’s son completed a 9000 piece puzzle. It boggles my mind. It was of an assortment of Disney characters.

Makes me think, though - for his time Klee’s output was probably just as ‘trippy’.
For some reason I can't fathom, we read Klee's Pedagogical Sketchbook when I was an undergrad (in anthropology, not art), so he must have been considered trippy even then. I can't imagine what I might have gotten out of it. (UC Santa Cruz was an eccentric place at the time.)

And in the course of dredging up that title through an online search, I read that he taught bookbinding, stained glass, and mural-painting during the decade he was at the Bauhaus. That would be something for your resumé -- "I learned bookbinding from Paul Klee."

Nice! What were your apps for this, Jen?
Thank you :inlove:
Same old, same old. Started in SketchClub using an eraser brush to mask out bits of a solid colour layer over different patterned bgs. There’s a sponge texture brush I like for different intensities of erasure. A fair bit of cropping and rotating in SnapSeed to get my washerwoman where I wanted her. Then back & forth between SnapSeed and distressed fx for filter & texture. Turned all the way down, the Details fx in SnapSeed makes the image very water-colour-ish, nice base for the filters & textures in both apps.

PS The swirls in bg are masked bits of a bg I made in Elasticam, having discovered recently (after having the app for at least five years) it has a size/intensity control :D

Grevillea at the library

77CEBBFF-676A-45E3-9DEE-5BF203035A26.jpeg

Not as wrecked as most of my images. An experiment as I learn to take photos with my you-beaut iPhone 12 . Too dark in the middle for BW (at least at my level of skill). And the straight shot looked a bit insipid. How to capture the beautifully sharp foliage and fringed flower? Unable to figure out that bit, I stripped the image with Legacy brush in Repix, auto correct and detail in SnapSeed for original and Repix version and blended them in Union Difference. Wasn’t expecting this colour plus half-abstracted, but I quite like it.

Thumbnails in case anyone cares to enlighten me :inlove:

305467C5-E7AB-4BBC-8C43-E186BE487F65.jpeg

Making Moons #8

7C5D4925-0554-40F9-AFD2-B0EBC20E993F.jpeg

Usual apps. Plus Lory Stripes: I dug that up a week or so ago - it’s no longer in the App Store. Jees Pixite made some good apps. Right at the start of the explosion of art/editing apps, too. I wonder how they’re doing with their subscription model with apps like Pigment and Assembly.

Back
Top Bottom