RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1446346121.737455.jpg

...completely forgot my app flow, but I know iColorama was in there. [emoji13]

View attachment 69740

...completely forgot my app flow, but I know iColorama was in there. [emoji13]

Interesting image - and quite different (?) to many of your others. (Although I notice that just when I think I know your 'style', you do something completely different!) Did this one start life as a hand-drawn image? Photo? Does it have a story?

I'm intrigued by those pale objects - they seem to be transforming as they move (moving as they transform? o_O) . And I see profiles or smaller whole figures depending how I look.

Interesting image - and quite different (?) to many of your others. (Although I notice that just when I think I know your 'style', you do something completely different!) Did this one start life as a hand-drawn image? Photo? Does it have a story?

I'm intrigued by those pale objects - they seem to be transforming as they move (moving as they transform? o_O) . And I see profiles or smaller whole figures depending how I look.
Thank you Jen!! [emoji4]

This one started out as a cave shot:

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1446399666.345716.jpg

I'm pretty sure I only used iColorama for the editing. Since I'm not very fluent in that app, I use it for abstracts and just randomly add filters and see what "appears". I liked the flying ghost shapes that appeared in this piece, and the white blocks that seemed like gravestones....

....but then I didn't like it any more. :confused:

So I had actually deleted this image. It wasn't turning into what I was feeling at the time. Then one day I was going through my deleted folder, and kind of liked it again so I re-saved it. The image then sat in my camera roll for awhile longer, until I recently thought it was apropos of Halloween. :lol: [emoji12]

Thank you Jen!! [emoji4]

This one started out as a cave shot:

View attachment 69759

I'm pretty sure I only used iColorama for the editing. Since I'm not very fluent in that app, I use it for abstracts and just randomly add filters and see what "appears". I liked the flying ghost shapes that appeared in this piece, and the white blocks that seemed like gravestones....

....but then I didn't like it any more. :confused:

So I had actually deleted this image. It wasn't turning into what I was feeling at the time. Then one day I was going through my deleted folder, and kind of liked it again so I re-saved it. The image then sat in my camera roll for awhile longer, until I recently thought it was apropos of Halloween. :lol: [emoji12]

These are great RC...:)

the bottom one looks an alien selfie:lol:

These are great RC...:)

the bottom one looks an alien selfie:lol:
This is a fantastic abstract! Love the muted colors and it has great lines to it. Well done!
Thanks Ladies!! :D xoxo

That recently-deleted folder is a blessing!
Totally!!! :thumbs: I also feel I have more freedom to just delete something, knowing I can always get it back (granted, within the allotted time period.)

I see Delta's 'alien selfie' !

Your 'it wasn't turning into what I was feeling' reminds me of my sense sometimes of 'potential' for something I think is in there but don't know how to find. Interestingly, often with pics of rocks. I think it's something to do with texture or depth . . . Just reading your comments makes me think about trying a sketch app version as a layer.... I'll go check my deleted folder!

I see Delta's 'alien selfie' !

Your 'it wasn't turning into what I was feeling' reminds me of my sense sometimes of 'potential' for something I think is in there but don't know how to find. Interestingly, often with pics of rocks. I think it's something to do with texture or depth . . . Just reading your comments makes me think about trying a sketch app version as a layer.... I'll go check my deleted folder!
Yes!!
And, go for it! Would love to see what you create.

This is a game I play with myself, Catherine -- run the image thru one painterly-ish app, five or six versions with adjustments to colour brightness etc, then thru one blend and mask app and one filter/texture app masking & erasing & repeating until I see something I like or start to feel that unravelling of my mind that says 'enough'.

I used Diptic at the beginning to rearrange a bit I couldn't get those alien faces out of my head (thanks Delta! :alien:)
I had some groove happening with four gold fish and a thumbprint, and then another one with an angelic face but I did that unravelling thing & didn't stop when I should have :eek:

Hope you like these :inlove: curious if you can still recognise the OP - I haven't added anything but as you know that sort of edit/mask/blend is a lovely manic paint wielding wrecking ball !

Thanks for the opportunity to wreck your lovely images :inlove: :notworthy: :)

This is a game I play with myself, Catherine -- run the image thru one painterly-ish app, five or six versions with adjustments to colour brightness etc, then thru one blend and mask app and one filter/texture app masking & erasing & repeating until I see something I like or start to feel that unravelling of my mind that says 'enough'.
See, therein lies my problem. I'm so anal and OCD, I have a problem with lots of versions cluttering up my camera roll. Dumb really because all I need to do is delete the ones I don't want... but it does hold me back somewhat - that "rigid mind" thing we discussed in another thread somewhere. :barf:

Hope you like these :inlove: curious if you can still recognise the OP - I haven't added anything but as you know that sort of edit/mask/blend is a lovely manic paint wielding wrecking ball !

Thanks for the opportunity to wreck your lovely images :inlove: :notworthy: :)
I truthfully forgot that you used my starting image!!! LOL!! That's how unique they look to me... (and ridiculous as this might sound, I forgot that this was my thread - when I see the title I automatically think it's one of Jason's Jasongag threads, ROTFLMAO!!! :eek: )

See, therein lies my problem. I'm so anal and OCD, I have a problem with lots of versions cluttering up my camera roll. Dumb really because all I need to do is delete the ones I don't want... but it does hold me back somewhat - that "rigid mind" thing we discussed in another thread somewhere. :barf:)

You're an artist - and a digital artist in the digital age. Versions and versions and, er, versions are part of the deal (the joy of plenty and possibility and the screaming activation of 'what if' OCD and everything in between).

Tags (which include year made) and the external drive are your friends. They take up so little space (and the tech is becoming more and more 'efficient' and less expensive). If you there's some kind of movement between various caches then the anxiety that tells you 'you're being anal' has got to be soothed!

You're an artist - and a digital artist in the digital age. Versions and versions and, er, versions are part of the deal (the joy of plenty and possibility and the screaming activation of 'what if' OCD and everything in between).

Tags (which include year made) and the external drive are your friends. They take up so little space (and the tech is becoming more and more 'efficient' and less expensive). If you there's some kind of movement between various caches then the anxiety that tells you 'you're being anal' has got to be soothed!
I shall work on this..... :thumbs: :eek: :thumbs:

(and thanks for calling me an *artist* :) xo .... not something I ever call myself. Maybe *artistic*, but never artist.)

Insta-Artist is the term I use. The first one of Jenny's reedits of Rosecat's edit of her edit should have been called: When The Blue Blobby Mountain Men Rose Up As One, Shed Their Dog Masks and Screamed Blue Murder

Insta-Artist is the term I use. The first one of Jenny's reedits of Rosecat's edit of her edit should have been called: When The Blue Blobby Mountain Men Rose Up As One, Shed Their Dog Masks and Screamed Blue Murder
[emoji1][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]
Love it. [emoji23][emoji106][emoji173]️

Jason I thought briefly of 'Screaming Queen' but refrained. And I like your title much better.

Maybe one day you'll explain the difference :)
I guess it's my own "weird thing"....

I think of an artist as someone who can draw, paint, sculpt... do just about anything they lay their hand to. And they come up with really interesting, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and visions, and then bring them to life.

Me being "artistic", I think I have an eye for things artsy.... I can edit an image to create a mood or feel.... I'm good at decorating and using colors... But creating unique/conceptual ideas, collage work, drawing/painting, doesn't come easy - AT ALL - and (in my mind) stuff like that just flows out of an artist.

Back