MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
My App Store app shows that two apps need to be updated, but as you see here the "Update All" is greyed out, and next to the two apps it says Open, not Update.

I've done two hard restarts, turned off the iPhone for awhile...nothing works. I still have a red 2 on the app, and the App Store seems to be in limbo. I'm wondering if any new updates are getting through? It's been this way for two days.

Recently there was a software update...wonder if that's involved? I'm using 9.3.3 on an iPhone 5S.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469979247.726695.jpg

So I decided to plug my iPhone into my iMac, which I haven't done in more than a year. At first I couldn't find Apps (it's usually listed on the left side of iTunes under Devices/iPhone 5S, but now I have to click a drop down menu at the top...??? Anyway, after I got to the Apps section in iTunes, I looked at my App Store app on my iPhone, and now it says "Update" next to those two apps! I tapped Update All, and they are now updated and the red "2" is gone. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm now backing up my iPhone to my iTunes.... which I guess hasn't happened since I last plugged the iPhone into the iMac? But I thought iCloud backed everything up.

<<<i'm confused>>>

And now I'm trying to update my apps in iTunes on my iMac, and this error keeps popping up over and over:

Untitled.jpg

I've had similar things happen now and then, and it has always gone away on its own. I think the update mechanism just gets confused sometimes. Wait an hour, say, and then try again. If still no luck, sign out of your account on the app store and then sign in again.

Anyway, after I got to the Apps section in iTunes, I looked at my App Store app on my iPhone, and now it says "Update" next to those two apps! I tapped Update All, and they are now updated and the red "2" is gone. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm now backing up my iPhone to my iTunes.... which I guess hasn't happened since I last plugged the iPhone into the iMac? But I thought iCloud backed everything up.

<<<i'm confused>>>
Well, now that my iPhone is unplugged from the iMac, the red 2 is back, and instead of saying "Available Updates" it says "Pending Updates", but no option to actually install the updates. I signed out of iTunes also.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469995537.221132.jpg

I also turned on "Updates" in Settings/iTunes&AppStore/Automatic Downloads, thinking that might fix it...but nope. [emoji35][emoji100][emoji100]

these sort of glitches rarely come from the iPhone ... most of the time it's errors on Apple servers side ... and it happens regularly... as suddenly everything works again as expected.

Browsing Apple discussion forums can help too ;)

these sort of glitches rarely come from the iPhone ... most of the time it's errors on Apple servers side ... and it happens regularly... as suddenly everything works again as expected.

Browsing Apple discussion forums can help too ;)
Thanks Philippe! It did right itself... finally! I've tried the Apple help forums and man can they be a mess... once in awhile I find an answer but most times I'm just frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom