• No miracles have occurred, so MobiTog will be closing its doors here on June15 and moving to Discord. Please see updates in the MobiTog Closing thread, including a link to join our Discord server.

Are you ready for Black Friday?

I haven't needed to do this for a while, but... I believe that the latest release of Adobe DNG Converter (currently 10.0, released Oct 18 2017) includes up-to-date lens/camera profiles. You can use that to convert your camera's raw files (CRW, NEF, or whatever) to DNG form, and that DNG can then be opened by earlier versions of Adobe Camera Raw. (I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.)

But you can’t get the latest Adobe RAW to download to Photoshop CS6. It needs to be a recent version. I go through this all the time since my Lightroom has a newer Adobe RAW than my Photoshop. I’ve never tried to download it independently but that would be very useful if it works. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

I haven't needed to do this for a while, but... I believe that the latest release of Adobe DNG Converter (currently 10.0, released Oct 18 2017) includes up-to-date lens/camera profiles. You can use that to convert your camera's raw files (CRW, NEF, or whatever) to DNG form, and that DNG can then be opened by earlier versions of Adobe Camera Raw. (I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.)

I downloaded Adobe DNG Converter today and, yes, it looks potentially quite useful. I have no previous experience with it. I was always able to get what I needed within Lightroom or Photoshop. What I’m trying to accomplish is to find some way to get the lens profiles for the iPhone 7 Plus to work in Photoshop or Lightroom. Right now there is no listing for anything as new as the iPhone 7 Plus in my version of Lightroom or Photoshop.
I’m wondering, if I am starting with an iPhone 7 Plus DNG image, for instance made in PureShot, can I pass it through Adobe DNG Converter and come out with a DNG file with the lens profiles embedded?
The limiting factor with Adobe DNG Converter is that some camera features are only supported at a certain level of Adobe Camera RAW and above. You can’t use a feature that didn’t exist in your version of Photoshop or Lightroom.

Back
Top Bottom