NEW Big Brother

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
I am looking for collaborators to work on a project that explores the public/private spaces in which we are under the watchful eye of Big Brother.
With the explosion of Mobile Photography there are now millions of more eyes capturing what we do in our everyday lives.
Emulating CCTV footage through the use of a high POV, fisheye lens and grainy Hipstamatic monochrome films, collaborators would use their iPhone to reproduce the vision of Big Brother in a new form of street photography. Less from the hip and more from arms held high.
I've posted an example below, if you are interested, put your name down and I'll start a personal conversation.
Cheers Aaron

image-785022556.png

lisamjw said:
Count me in please!

That's great Lisa, I'm going to try out a few Hipstamatic combos this afternoon when we do our weekly shop.
If you take any shots, can you please record the location and time. I look forward to seeing your Big Brother images.
Will keep you posted.

Aaron Davis said:
I am looking for collaborators to work on a project that explores the public/private spaces in which we are under the watchful eye of Big Brother.
With the explosion of Mobile Photography there are now millions of more eyes capturing what we do in our everyday lives.
Emulating CCTV footage through the use of a high POV, fisheye lens and grainy Hipstamatic monochrome films, collaborators would use their iPhone to reproduce the vision of Big Brother in a new form of street photography. Less from the hip and more from arms held high.
I've posted an example below, if you are interested, put your name down and I'll start a personal conversation.
Cheers Aaron

Superb idea Aaron, I was just saying to M the other day how quiet things have been on the Aaron/collaboration front and there you go coming up with another awesome idea... ;)

Why not just keep the collaboration going in this thread so everyone can keep track of the super iMagery and collaboration progress? MobiPeeps only have to subscribe properly and they will be e-mailed for new activity, just a thought, but your call obviously... :)

I will try and 'collaborate' whichever way you play it sir... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Venomator said:
Superb idea Aaron, I was just saying to M the other day how quiet things have been on the Aaron/collaboration front and there you go coming up with another awesome idea... ;)

Why not just keep the collaboration going in this thread so everyone can keep track of the super iMagery and collaboration progress? MobiPeeps only have to subscribe properly and they will be e-mailed for new activity, just a thought, but your call obviously... :)

I will try and 'collaborate' whichever way you play it sir... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Sounds like a plan Rog. I'm just getting over an iPhoneography block, I think I was a bit burned out and stupid work was getting in the way. :)
Hope you join in on this one, being Hipstamatic and all.

Sounds like a plan Rog. I'm just getting over an iPhoneography block, I think I was a bit burned out and stupid work was getting in the way. :)
Hope you join in on this one, being Hipstamatic and all.
And being B&W too I reckon it's a must Aaron... :cool:

You could add the definitive list of participants to the OP perhaps... :D

Just thought I'd put out a reminder about the Big Brother project. I thought it would also be great to get some Hipstamatic shots of the cameras that are on us.

Aaron Davis said:
Just thought I'd put out a reminder about the Big Brother project. I thought it would also be great to get some Hipstamatic shots of the cameras that are on us.

Sounds good. This is on my weekend to do list (the fun version of that list)! :)

awfully curious on how you got the vantage points at the supermarket? it literally looks like you stuck an iphone in the corner of the store and pressed record, it's fantastic.

This is trickier than I thought! :eek: Still haven't caught a Big Brother moment yet...

ChRonDiamond said:
awfully curious on how you got the vantage points at the supermarket? it literally looks like you stuck an iphone in the corner of the store and pressed record, it's fantastic.

Hi I just stretch out and get the phone/camera as high as I can and point it downwards on a 45+degree angle. Thanks for the compliment, Please join in the project if you'd like.

Aaron Davis said:
Happy to see your rejects along the way. What film/lens combo ate you using?

Er, nothing. :eek: I haven't found the right opportunity or location for a shot. And have to remember to bring my Olloclip.

:eek:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Aaron Davis said:
As a nice Juxtaposition to the faux grainy black and white faux CCTV images, I thought it would be good to shoot CCTV locations in color. What do you think?

I really like the mood in these. Although its color it's still mono-ish and moody.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

This morning Jeff (my husband) and I went to a car show. I was finally able to get some decent (and not so decent) photos. In addition to the height factor, I also don't like to "stick out" when I'm taking photos. This was a big enough event and lots of people had cameras so I didn't feel so intimidated. BTW, Aaron, it helped when you posted that you hold the phone at a 45 degree angle!

image-694100351.png

image-3072133655.png

image-1300529686.png

image-1874769318.png

image-272097227.png

image-3438794610.png

Back
Top Bottom