MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
image.jpeg

This beautiful being sailed in to shore from deeper in the river, came right up to the few people sitting on the sand and honked (as swans do). She wanted some of the tiny red figs from the massive Moreton Bay fig tree . . . I held one out, she takes it & quickly back to the edge of the water, swish it around (presumably to rinse & wet it) gobbles it up & comes back for another. I should layer a pic of a MB fig over the leaf!

Beautiful. I love the way you've layered those multiple copies (? or different shots?) together to get those wonderful repeating curves in the upper left, the domino pattern mid-left... Simple but arresting.

What?!?! :notworthy: :inlove: :howcoolisTHAT: Some symbolism there that she came to you, and you fed her.

This is absolutely beautiful.... your edit is gorgeous (and what Ted said)... the word *harlequin* came to mind immediately.

Beautiful. I love the way you've layered those multiple copies (? or different shots?) together to get those wonderful repeating curves in the upper left, the domino pattern mid-left... Simple but arresting.

Thank you for your always engaged, always interesting comments :) Yes, multiple layers in Union with different blends. Same image: but I took quite a few and I might try multiple copies - hadn't thought of that. And the curves of that neck are entrancing! I didn't know till I watched her head back out to the river that swans can kindof coil up their neck so it (sortof) rests on their (sortof) shoulders.. I hope I got one of that particular curve.

What?!?! :notworthy: :inlove: :howcoolisTHAT: Some symbolism there that she came to you, and you fed her.

This is absolutely beautiful.... your edit is gorgeous (and what Ted said)... the word *harlequin* came to mind immediately.

I must look up the Swan in mythology. I always think of the ugly duckling - who has temporarily lost her tribe. And Zeus becoming a swan to seduce (?) Leda. Hmm. Off to Google harlequin swan :D

Versions. Haven't gotten around to the other curves yet :) this is more-of-the-same apps interspersed with Diana.

I must look up the Swan in mythology. I always think of the ugly duckling - who has temporarily lost her tribe. And Zeus becoming a swan to seduce (?) Leda. Hmm. Off to Google harlequin swan :D
There's the princess and her [some number of] brothers, where the brothers get changed into swans by the wicked [queen or stepmother or both]. The princess can only save her brothers by [knitting or weaving] shirts out of [some unsuitable plant] but she must not speak a word for [however many] years until the shirts are finished. She works on the shirts and doesn't speak but [other things happen] and she is tried for [witchcraft, usually] and condemned to death by [burning, hanging, expulsion from the airlock, whatever]. At the last moment, the [same number of] swans fly in to save her and as she throws the shirts over them one by one they are returned to human form, except sometimes for the last who still has one swan wing instead of an arm because his shirt was not quite finished. The [evil people] are [punished, possibly in some bizarre fashion].

And then of course there is Swan Lake as imagined by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, with it's black/white swan dichotomy. Or perhaps its modern day treatment at the hands of Daniel Aranofsky is more apt. The film was so deliciously over the top and yet all too believable for those who have seen inside a big ballet company at close range. First edit my fave by far of these.

image.jpeg

If anyone is bored with my swan you should avert your eyes now, bcs I've got some kind of groove on with the swan and a lot of apps I'd forgotten about. [doing a slow clean up - ooh what's that one do? Oh cool! Put that in one of my my (massive) Favourites folders. Or, Ew. Delete. ]

I'm trying to keep most of them to myself. But can't help the occasional - like who's got this app? Lzed? DHDR. Probably got it after one of your reviews? Forgot I had it. I'm not a big fan of (nor do I know much about) HDR. But I quite like the sliders - White curve, white line o_O And I like the texture bg options.

And you have to admit, she's a really nice swan :)

View attachment 73137

If anyone is bored with my swan you should avert your eyes now, bcs I've got some kind of groove on with the swan and a lot of apps I'd forgotten about. [doing a slow clean up - ooh what's that one do? Oh cool! Put that in one of my my (massive) Favourites folders. Or, Ew. Delete. ]

I'm trying to keep most of them to myself. But can't help the occasional - like who's got this app? Lzed? DHDR. Probably got it after one of your reviews? Forgot I had it. I'm not a big fan of (nor do I know much about) HDR. But I quite like the sliders - White curve, white line o_O And I like the texture bg options.

And you have to admit, she's a really nice swan :)
Not bored at all, and this version is fantastic! It looks like it's punched out of metal...

It does! And a similar version with the punch holes bright instead of dark would give a punched tin lantern look. I may need to try that on something...
Please do - I'd like to see that. And I have quite a few swans lying around if you need raw materials :)

Back
Top Bottom