Drive By Shootings

spiralquest

MobiStar
Real Name
Kristen Radden
I've been experimenting with taking random photos while riding or driving....propping the iphone on the car dashboard and using the headphones to snap photos. Some interesting results....

Exit Only
image.jpg

Transformations
image.jpg

Waving Flag
image.jpg

The last one really stood out for me - great colours and the wires really add some dimension ... it's about time wires did something good for a picture :)
Thank you and it's funny about the wires...I didn't realize how many there are everywhere until i started photographing like this. In some photos, I take out the wires but I try to leave in as many as make sense for leading the eye in a certain direction.

Great idea!! Really love the first shot... :thumbs:

I did a similar project, Turnpike Series, but I never thought to prop the iPhone on the dash and use the headphones - brill!! :thumbs:

Great idea!! Really love the first shot... :thumbs:

I did a similar project, Turnpike Series, but I never thought to prop the iPhone on the dash and use the headphones - brill!! :thumbs:
Thanks RoseCat! A lot of the photos are pure crap but the fun is seeing what I've caught and what I can do with it. I'd love to see your Turnpike Series...is there a link here on Mobitog?

Great idea about propping iphone on dashboard and taking photo with headphones! Which app do you use? Love your first image!

Great idea about propping iphone on dashboard and taking photo with headphones! Which app do you use? Love your first image!
Thanks Veevs! I just use the native iPhone4 camera. But I might start experimenting with some of the camera apps I've got. I have to admit I don't use them very much...just work most of my apps from a post-processing perspective.

WOW!! Fantastic. :thumbs: Love the yellow tones in Lake Chickamauga, fab lines next to the fluffy clouds in the Bridge shot - and the blue is awesome - and the mono underpass shot is beautiful!
Thanks so much for the feedback RoseCat. I wasn't sure if the yellow was overdone in the Chickamauga image.

Back
Top Bottom