Faded Flowers Fixation

Robert Lancaster

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Robert Lancaster
Original flower image: 6x6
Textures from the My 2econd skin blog

The mask, of which I am excessively proud, took three hours to create in Superimpose.

I have created a few versions using different textures. These will form the basis for this thread.

I still don't have a favourite, but I am leaning towards the first image.

image-4231664995.jpg

image-911356554.jpg

image-343078802.jpg

image-3528692458.jpg

Time to let the crazy out.

I Superimposed the flowers on a very abstract texture and threw it in and around some TinyPlanets before corralling the results in some PolyFrame.

They actually make me smile! :D

image-3670759537.jpg

image-1041852937.jpg

image-1913846746.jpg

image-2456039300.jpg

This image is amazing! It gives that warm fuzzy feeling of creative satisfaction of having turned out just as I had hoped ... if not better ... while creating it.

Started with a TinyPlanets image, rotated it 180 in PSExpress, blended using luminosity in ImageBlender, ran it through DramaticB&W and then finally merged the blended and B&W images in TrueHDR.

image-3607255931.jpg

Robert Lancaster said:

The mask, of which I am excessively proud, took three hours to create in Superimpose.

I have created a few versions using different textures. These will form the basis for this thread.

I really like #4!!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Robert Lancaster said:

I Superimposed the flowers on a very abstract texture and threw it in and around some TinyPlanets before corralling the results in some PolyFrame.

In this group I love #2!

Here we go ...

#4 - added a whole lot of PicFx (masked mode, I do not understand their layered mode) and then ScratchCam. The vibrancy of the flowers really shows through.

image-2392480976.jpg

Robert Lancaster said:

And you should be proud!! :D These are all so very lovely!! I can't even pick a fave - I really love them all. Great work Robert!!

Robert Lancaster said:

WOW!!! Wonderful! :D Great colors and design...

You are so creative... Always look forward to seeing your work. :inlove:

Robert Lancaster said:
This image is amazing! It gives that warm fuzzy feeling of creative satisfaction of having turned out just as I had hoped ... if not better ... while creating it.
Indeed!! I think it's my favorite of these abstracts...just beautiful.

Robert Lancaster said:
Here we go ...
#4 - added a whole lot of PicFx (masked mode, I do not understand their layered mode) and then ScratchCam. The vibrancy of the flowers really shows through.
Gorgeous!! Love the deep, rich tones.

Robert Lancaster said:
Here we go ...

Agreed!!

RoseCat said:
Indeed!! I think it's my favorite of these abstracts...just beautiful.

Gorgeous!! Love the deep, rich tones.

Thanks so much for all your kind words and encouragement RoseCat! You have no idea how much it means to me. It is such high praise indeed.

With the next images I tried to be more subtle and gentle. I used PhotoArtista-Sketch, ImageBlender, TrueHDR, Jazz and Diptic for these.

I would have liked a creamier sort of look as it may been a bit richer, but the more I look at these the happier I am with the outcomes. I will be exploring this path some more too.

image-2291201500.jpg

image-3000428718.jpg

image-3126886314.jpg

Robert Lancaster said:
With the next images I tried to be more subtle and gentle. I used PhotoArtista-Sketch, ImageBlender, TrueHDR, Jazz and Diptic for these.

I would have liked a creamier sort of look as it may been a bit richer, but the more I look at these the happier I am with the outcomes. I will be exploring this path some more too.

The first one is really lovely!!

Robert Lancaster said:

Love these too! Great texture and colors...like the softer look as well.

By "creamier" do you mean the texture? You could run it through Iris and apply a little bit of blur and/or the Diffused Glow, which might achieve a creamy look...

:D

Robert Lancaster said:
Now this is what I was going for...

Iris, PhotoStudio, Photogene2 and PhotoFX

Awesome!!

Robert Lancaster said:

so great Robert! i dig all of em, but image 4 is my fav!

Robert Lancaster said:

spectacular

Took the warm image from earlier and ran it through AutoPainter (Cezanne) and then used Superimpose to screen the original mask of the flowers back. The resultant image was then tweaked a little using Pixlr-o-matic.

I am not sure yet whether or not this image needs some grunge-ification.

image-2396688328.jpg

Robert Lancaster said:
Took the warm image from earlier and ran it through AutoPainter (Cezanne) and then used Superimpose to screen the original mask of the flowers back. The resultant image was then tweaked a little using Pixlr-o-matic.

I am not sure yet whether or not this image needs some grunge-ification.

I'm not sure grunge would add anything to this already fab looking image, IMHO!!

Some JixiPix'ing and ImageBlender and SimplyB&W and TrueHDR before finally re-adding the flowers mask using Superimpose.

Still want to experiment more with colours ... methinks some Popsicolor and Percolator may feature.

image-993846361.jpg

Back
Top Bottom