HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - DECEMBER - Summerlin Hipstapak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
The December Hipstapak has arrived. It's named for Summerlin, a planned community on the west edge of Las Vegas on land originally owned by Howard Hughes. In fact "Summerlin" is named for his paternal grandmother, Amelia Jean Summerlin. Surprisingly there is no film this time. Instead it's a lens and a flash. The Sammy 1925 lens would appear to be named for Sammy Davis, Jr, who was born December 8, 1925 (making Tuesday the 95th anniversary of his birth.) And I'm pretty sure the Flamingo 777 flash is named for the Flamingo Hotel and the slot machine jackpot numbers of "777".

"Get lucky in the sun."

Sammy 1925 lens: "Pop onto The Strip with this hot lens, with a boost of lucky saturation for your images."

Flamingo 777 flash: "Shoot with this flash all night and all day for a unique look that's always winning."

Here are a few quick photos I took with it, along with the original for comparison. I shot it on my iPod Touch without a film. Just the new lens and flash.

I know you didn't ask, but I think the lens looks great with the Razzleberry Poptone case.

Here are a few with new lens, flash, with Inas35

D81D9FCB-A27C-48B8-BD15-345518093932.jpeg
5942F7A6-B7DD-4297-B902-E3E09B5D9D70.jpeg
D19AA3EC-3C1A-4A42-9078-6AF9B61B7214.jpeg

Hipatamatic has updated their gear page with sample photos of the Summerlin pack. All are taken with the new lens and flash but no film that I can see. There's a heavy blue shift, much like the recent Guam pack.

I want to get out there and experiment with different flims but my car needs new wheel bearings so no extra driving for me for a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom