Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1456673280.696442.jpg

With love.... [emoji178] zenjenny [emoji178]

Started with an image of a rose from my garden, edited in iColorama, Pixlr, Stackables, Repix, Snapseed, Image Blender

image.jpeg

My dog has died.
I buried him in the garden
next to a rusted old machine.

Some day I'll join him right there,
but now he's gone with his shaggy coat,
his bad manners and his cold nose,
and I, the materialist, who never believed
in any promised heaven in the sky
for any human being,
I believe in a heaven I'll never enter.
Yes, I believe in a heaven for all dogdom
where my dog waits for my arrival
waving his fan-like tail in friendship

A dog has died by Pablo Neruda

View attachment 74257

My dog has died.
I buried him in the garden
next to a rusted old machine.

Some day I'll join him right there,
but now he's gone with his shaggy coat,
his bad manners and his cold nose,
and I, the materialist, who never believed
in any promised heaven in the sky
for any human being,
I believe in a heaven I'll never enter.
Yes, I believe in a heaven for all dogdom
where my dog waits for my arrival
waving his fan-like tail in friendship

A dog has died by Pablo Neruda
:inlove:

IMG_2811.JPG

“Dogs, lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware that it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and the mistakes we make because of those illusions.”

Dean Koontz, The Darkest Evening of the Year

Catherine, Mel, Jilly, Tara I feel so blessed :notworthy: :inlove: :notworthy: Such kindness, thank you so much. These beautiful flowers, the lines from Neruda (I love that poet) and the passage from Koontz (how painfully, exquisitely true) softened that first awful day and night that I'm sure you all know. My husband is also very moved, and sends his gratitude as well.

Many many thanks x

Sorry about your dog Jen. We have had several dogs and it always painful to let them go. Pets so often become part of a family.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1457111489.025720.jpg

Orchids with the brand new Madagascar Pak in Hipstamatic

I had five dogs at one point in bangkok. I now have none. So been there. Sorry for your loss

Sorry for yours, too, Jason. My daughter was saying she thinks our animal 'familiars' in a sense know us better than any of our human companions, because their simple unconditional uncomplicated love makes it possible (easier) for us to let down our defences. I think she has a point.

Sorry about your dog Jen. We have had several dogs and it always painful to let them go. Pets so often become part of a family.

View attachment 74412
Orchids with the brand new Madagascar Pak in Hipstamatic

Ah, Larry, this is the only image I liked in the Madagascar thread : ). Thank you :) And yes, family and yes, painful to know that it's not forever and at some point to let them go.... I'm moved by the Koontz quote FotoLumos Tara shared above. And I'm thinking about our own carlos - he and Beth lost their beloved companion, and soon opened their hearts and home to another gorgeous dog, who looks happier and more vital in every pic! Like Koontz says re 'accepting and giving love . . . knowing that it comes with an unbearable price'. The cost (such as it is) is to we humans - but the opportunity is there to give a dog (or cat or turtle or rat or guinea pig or cat) a life filled with love. A very great comfort to L and to me is that we know our Sam-wise knew he was (more than) loved every minute of his happy puppydog life.

Our neighbours about a week ago had to put down one of their dogs. She was a lab and I think they said almost 18years old. They have a cat and three other dogs and I guess they are always running around looking for her. No the other three are not labs but have been together about 3 years. So even animals feel a lose.

Back
Top Bottom