Google+

markf

MobiStarter
An somebody put some tip on how to use google+ I'm finding it hard to figure it out
Cheers guys and gals
Mark

What problems are you having, Mark? It's pretty intuitive for a new launch. Don't forget it's officially still in 'field test' status and subject to changes and instability.

Groups are called Circles in G+. Click on Welcome under your avatar on the left. It'll take you to the Welcome screen where there's a whole bunch of help (including videos) for all the main G+ features. Take a moment to check them all out and you'll have Google+ up and running in no time. :D

Out of curiosity who's on G+? I am but rarely use it as most of my mates are on fb and/twitter. I like the idea of circles, so I can keep my friends and family separate when needed :D

Out of curiosity who's on G+?
Quite a few of us, Syma, along with a whole load of other iphoneographers. G+ has become quite a photographers' gathering spot and an excellent place to post images and albums. The Circles concept is brilliant. Do you have an invite?

Syma Khalid said:
Out of curiosity who's on G+?

MobiTog is (of course)... :thumbs:

MobiTog iPhoneography is our family pseudonym... :D

From MiPhone4 via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

richardcb said:
Quite a few of us, Syma, along with a whole load of other iphoneographers. G+ has become quite a photographers' gathering spot and an excellent place to post images and albums. The Circles concept is brilliant. Do you have an invite?

Hi Richard, I am on it, but wouldn't like to add you guys if that is ok? I'm a bit new to it at the mo. Do I just do a search?

This is so embarrassing, you wouldn't think I work with computers for a living!

I am but like Mark haven't a clue how to use it lol!! If anyone wants to add me please do so, think I am Veevs on there! Thanks for the guide Richard will go check it out! Too many things to learn and use these days and not enough hours in the day :eek:

Veevs said:
I am but like Mark haven't a clue how to use it lol!! If anyone wants to add me please do so, think I am Veevs on there! Thanks for the guide Richard will go check it out! Too many things to learn and use these days and not enough hours in the day :eek:

I couldn't find you Veevs :( but then I am a bit 'special' at this too!
I'm sykhalid (I think) if you have better luck than me at the search option.

I just checked in my profile and it shows up as Veevs Hanson. I couldn't find you with your username but found you with your full name and surname! Does this mean now got to maintain both FB an Google+?? Its going to do my head in :eek:

Veevs said:
I just checked in my profile and it shows up as Veevs Hanson. I couldn't find you with your username but found you with your full name and surname! Does this mean now got to maintain both FB an Google+?? Its going to do my head in :eek:

Thanks Veev! Added you too. Yep, this is becoming proper multitasking. My brain is going to give in fairly soon, I know it!!

Thanks Veev! Added you too. Yep, this is becoming proper multitasking. My brain is going to give in fairly soon, I know it!!

Mine's gone already!! Think we need a crash course on what we should be using and why and with whom and for what :confused: So now have FB, Google+, Mobitog, IPA, my Blog, Flickr, Instagram - OMG think I need to give up work!! :eek::eek::eek:

Veevs said:
Mine's gone already!! Think we need a crash course on what we should be using and why and with whom and for what :confused: So now have FB, Google+, Mobitog, IPA, my Blog, Flickr, Instagram - OMG think I need to give up work!! :eek::eek::eek:

As long as MobiTog is first and foremost with all our loyal members you don't really need to bother too much with the rest tbh... :sneaky:

And we have most of what you need Veevs, including an awesome linked Blog section that should provide everything you need and haven't tried yet... :D

As long as MobiTog is first and foremost with all our loyal members you don't really need to bother too much with the rest tbh... :sneaky:

And we have most of what you need Veevs, including an awesome linked Blog section that should provide everything you need and haven't tried yet... :D

LOL Rog!!! Yes Mobitog is awesome and it's there on my list ;)

No no!!! As I read this I feel like I'm slowly getting sucked in! I've been adamantly resisting Google+ because I have FB, Flickr, MobiTog, EYE'EM, various blogs I follow..... When will I have time to actually shoot/process the photos? ;)

I'm still resisting...but I feel my resolve is weakening... Come on somebody! Talk me out of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

No no!!! As I read this I feel like I'm slowly getting sucked in! I've been adamantly resisting Google+ because I have FB, Flickr, MobiTog, EYE'EM, various blogs I follow..... When will I have time to actually shoot/process the photos? ;)

I'm still resisting...but I feel my resolve is weakening... Come on somebody! Talk me out of it!!

We are Mobitog iPhoneography ... for when your resolve finally caves in Catherine, as it inevitably will... :sneaky:

Venomator said:
We are Mobitog iPhoneography ... for when your resolve finally caves in Catherine, as it inevitably will... :sneaky:

Gggggrrrrrrr.....

;)

Hey, Veevs. Well you and Syma have shown up on my added list, so I guess you got that bit working ok! :thumbs:

One important thing to remember is that G+ is still very much in beta - it's invite only - so there are quite a lot of changes and new features happening all the time. It still has 'only' 25 million sign ups (an incredible achievement for a new network) compared to FB's 750 million, so it would be taking over the world just yet (next year maybe).

If you can get the hang of the Circles (probably G+'s best feature) you've pretty much nailed it. You can create as many of them as you like and add people to more than one. For example, I have you in my iPhoneography and MobiTog Circles, which means you will see any posts I send to those circles, whereas you won't see anything I send to my Asparagus Lovers Circle! Just kidding...it's really my Asparagus Haters Circle. :lol:

Re names. Google currently has a strict no usernames policy, you must have two names. This because they want to keep business users and consumers apart for the moment - not a bad plan. Some people, of course, are finding ways round it like using Mobitog Photography as a real name - right, Rog? :sneaky:

There's also a really useful list of international iphoneographers floating around on G+, so stick with it, I have a feeling G+ will be very big indeed...but then it's not a friendly community like MobiTog! :D

richardcb said:
Google currently has a strict no usernames policy, you must have two names. This because they want to keep business users and consumers apart for the moment - not a bad plan. Some people, of course, are finding ways round it like using Mobitog Photography as a real name - right, Rog? :sneaky:

Erm... :eek:

Actually it's MobiTog iPhoneography... :lmao:

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

richardcb said:
Hey, Veevs. Well you and Syma have shown up on my added list, so I guess you got that bit working ok! :thumbs:

One important thing to remember is that G+ is still very much in beta - it's invite only - so there are quite a lot of changes and new features happening all the time. It still has 'only' 25 million sign ups (an incredible achievement for a new network) compared to FB's 750 million, so it would be taking over the world just yet (next year maybe).

If you can get the hang of the Circles (probably G+'s best feature) you've pretty much nailed it. You can create as many of them as you like and add people to more than one. For example, I have you in my iPhoneography and MobiTog Circles, which means you will see any posts I send to those circles, whereas you won't see anything I send to my Asparagus Lovers Circle! Just kidding...it's really my Asparagus Haters Circle. :lol:

Re names. Google currently has a strict no usernames policy, you must have two names. This because they want to keep business users and consumers apart for the moment - not a bad plan. Some people, of course, are finding ways round it like using Mobitog Photography as a real name - right, Rog? :sneaky:

There's also a really useful list of international iphoneographers floating around on G+, so stick with it, I have a feeling G+ will be very big indeed...but then it's not a friendly community like MobiTog! :D

Thanks Richard. This is all very helpful.
Asparagus-eh? It's green so Rog would approve :)

*shameless plug* I'm on G+ as well if anyone wants to add me! Look for Bryan Pahia, and you'll find me. Though most of my online time is dedicated to Mobitog.

Back
Top Bottom