Guides question

psmoore

MobiLurver
Real Name
Paul
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Does anyone know of an app that has guides that are set for portrait sizes (5x7 and 8x10 etc)?? Kind of like the rule if thirds but to portrait print sizes.

Hope that makes sense

I'm sure i saw an app advertising variable guides, like Golden Section and RoT - but i cant recall which one it was. Probably one of the big paid sub ones. Whether it had standard portrait formats, im unsure, as most seem to have the more general ones such as 2:3, 3:5, 16:2 etc

Does anyone know of an app that has guides that are set for portrait sizes (5x7 and 8x10 etc)?? Kind of like the rule if thirds but to portrait print sizes.

Hope that makes sense
Like WOTANICUS, I'm sure I've seen something like that, but I just can't dredge up the name at the moment. Let me think for a bit...

Last edited:

Hope that makes sense
Just to make sure I've got this right...

You're looking for an editing app or a camera app? I was thinking editing app at first, but maybe you want a camera app that overlays guidelines for framing your shot?

Yes a camera app with those guides you can line up a nice 8x10 instead leaving headroom and correcting it all later

Yes a camera app with those guides you can line up a nice 8x10 instead leaving headroom and correcting it all later
I've struck out so far. There used to be camera app called 4x5, but that disappeared some time ago. And none of the camera apps I have (and I've got quite a few) offer anything other than 4x3, 1x1, and 16x9 for aspect ratios, and none offer custom guidelines (just the usual thirds, golden ratio, etc.). It'd certainly be handy for people who like to print.

Thanks all. I think it would be helpful too. Oh well. It’s not like I do much like that. I’ll just keep ballparking it out.

Back
Top Bottom