Help with photo sharing, Flickr, tumbler, Instagram, etc etc, eek. *can't decide*

I saw that you were following me, Simin! Thank you so much!. I upload the images to Flick at a higher resolution then what I get when I save back. The only reasons I save them back are to have them printed or if I'm entering them into a competition; therefore I want to make sure they're in the highest resolution possible.
Ok, so before I upload my images onto Flickr, should I be altering the resolution too? I'm just uploading the photos from my camera roll after finishing editing. So what do yuk do, you put them through big photo before saving back onto camera roll from Flickr?

I go straight from my camera roll to Flickr. Only if I need to save them back do I resize them (once they're back on my camera roll). I use iResize.

Simin - You are asking really good questions and I have struggled with the same things! My philosophy is if I join a group or service, I need to put in more time reviewing and commenting on others artwork than I do uploading my own images. I feel it is important to be supportive and learn from the expertise of others. Therefore, since my time is limited, I have chosen to only participate in this forum and Flickr for serious photography and Instagram and Oggl for every day captures. I really like this community for the support and insight into mobile photography. Flickr provides a way to join groups that have other interests.

I hope that you are able to find your way through the maze of photography sites available. :eek:

Thank you for following me on Flickr.

Simin - You are asking really good questions and I have struggled with the same things! My philosophy is if I join a group or service, I need to put in more time reviewing and commenting on others artwork than I do uploading my own images. I feel it is important to be supportive and learn from the expertise of others. Therefore, since my time is limited, I have chosen to only participate in this forum and Flickr for serious photography and Instagram and Oggl for every day captures. I really like this community for the support and insight into mobile photography. Flickr provides a way to join groups that have other interests.

I hope that you are able to find your way through the maze of photography sites available. :eek:

Thank you for following me on Flickr.
Thanks Melissa. I must admit nothing comes ANYWHERE near being as WONDERFUL as Mobitog is. I'm going through the Flickr groups at the mo and tbh there doesn't seem be any sense of cohesion/community at all and as you say one hasn't got enough time to interact within so many different 'outlets'. Also there's a lot of 'plugging' by semi-professional photographers going on in there and people don't explain their working process even within groups that require feedback? So yes I LOOOOVE MIBITOG :) xx

Thanks Melissa. I must admit nothing comes ANYWHERE near being as WONDERFUL as Mobitog is. I'm going through the Flickr groups at the mo and tbh there doesn't seem be any sense of cohesion/community at all and as you say one hasn't got enough time to interact within so many different 'outlets'. Also there's a lot of 'plugging' by semi-professional photographers going on in there and people don't explain their working process even within groups that require feedback? So yes I LOOOOVE MIBITOG :) xx
:inlove: And MobiTog loves YOUUU!!! :D

I feel the exact same way - no where do I feel so at home, and have learned so much, as here on MobiTog. :inlove:

:inlove: And MobiTog loves YOUUU!!! :D

I feel the exact same way - no where do I feel so at home, and have learned so much, as here on MobiTog. :inlove:
I couldn't agree more, ladies! Mobitog is unique in that it truly is a community.

Tx Ron. sounds great, you've got things covered from many angles. Btw on flicker and Instagram how do you find other iphoneographers? It's mainly DSLR, no? Which fb groups are you on, if you don't mind me asking? Apart from Mobitog my photos don't see the light of day anywhere else, mainly coz I never seem to have the time/energy to set thing up (apart from my beloved Mobitog of course).
I found mobile groups on both Flickr and Instagram by hash tagging #iphoneography. There are many mobile groups on both. My FB groups include WiAm Worldwide, #Iphoneography : The Black and White, pola-noid!, AMPt Community, iphoNature, Collaborations, and my photo only page, Mahalograph Photography. I find it relaxing to wind down after a busy day at work and spend time with my photography and learning from exploring it. It's my de-stressor from working in healthcare everyday! :)

Back
Top Bottom