Hipsta photos sky looking too dense around the edges

docsimsim

MobiLurver
hanyqume.jpg
yzysase5.jpg

What's happening here? RayMark lens+freedom13 film used + iPad mini. As you can see there is a dark halo/higher density area around the top edges of these pix. It's a lot worse when flash is used (in the first image). Can someone explain what's happening, tbh I'm often disappointed how grainy the sky looks in a lot of the Hipsta photos. I take very few bright light outdoor mobile photos so am not familiar with lighting matters on this issue.

Last edited:
All hipsta lenses (and many films ?) have some sort of effects, as far as I know. This is all I can say. So, I don't think of a bug nor of incorrect operation on your side.

I think this one is the film, but I haven't got a clue, it might be the lense? I thought Freedom13 should be a fairly 'safe' film regarding wacky effects? I know many other hipsta films that have ghastly effects and the ones that don't have them have ghastly borders. Do you know any hipsta lenses/films that have minimum 'wacky' added effects?

Last edited:
Especially this page is interesting. There he explains, that he uses Helga lens as the "neutral" lens for all his comparisons. But the Lowy lens is superior.

Especially this page is interesting. There he explains, that he uses Helga lens as the "neutral" lens for all his comparisons. But the Lowy lens is superior.
Thank you Mik. Interestingly, just after I read your post here I popped over to Flickr and checked this guy's hipsta photos which I've been admiring today as they look absolutely beautiful, and low and behold he was using Lowy :). Though I must admit most of them are portraits, so I need to see if Lowy is good for 'landscape' too

Back
Top Bottom