How do i recreate??

heidikins

MobiStarlet
Hi. How can I make a pic that looks like this? Thanks a lot

image-1728880918.png

The lighting mainly...thanks

Noir is great for lighting, but it's B&W, Sepia tones etc. so then you'd need to take it to other apps to bring in color.

FilterStorm can do the lighting effects also.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

RoseCat said:
Noir is great for lighting, but it's B&W, Sepia tones etc. so then you'd need to take it to other apps to bring in color.

FilterStorm can do the lighting effects also.

Filter storm
Noir
Thank you!!

munichblue said:
Isn't this you in the picture?

No. But I believe I can do up something like this w my own head...need it for my Facebook profile pic! Haha (want it anyway)...all these models and photographers think they're so hot....well lookit me I got an iPhone. Lol

Find a window, have a fine netting to reduce harsh light (light box effect). Take various shots and use PhotoFX Ultra to add the
'smoothteque" and soft focus filters. Then no doubt some retouch.

sdgareth said:
Find a window, have a fine netting to reduce harsh light (light box effect). Take various shots and use PhotoFX Ultra to add the
'smoothteque" and soft focus filters. Then no doubt some retouch.

Well if Gareth can do it with his profile pic then anyone can Heidi... :lmao:

Seriously though, natural light through a window, softened as Gareth suggests, is easily the best form of portrait lighting you can get and its totally free, why would you need anything else... ;)

Once you've got the lighting effect you need the rest should be readily done with many of the top notch apps you probably already have... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

I like the natural light best. Glad you like Noir! :D

Well if Gareth can do it with his profile pic then anyone can Heidi... :lmao:

Seriously though, natural light through a window, softened as Gareth suggests, is easily the best form of portrait lighting you can get and its totally free, why would you need anything else... ;)

Once you've got the lighting effect you need the rest should be readily done with many of the top notch apps you probably already have... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D
and a hell of a lot of "Retouch" :lmao:

Loving the noir. Thanks a lot RoseCat!!
Artificial light..

And natural light:

But neither look like the one I wanted

The natural light option is certainly by far the best, always, for this kind of shot... :thumbs:

What you need to do now is concentrate on exposure Heidi... ;)

It looks to me as if you are allowing the camera to decide how to expose whereas, even with the iPhone's own camera, you can control, to a fair degree, how the iMage is exposed and this will dramatically affect the outturn... :whistle:

For example - in the natural light image you have posted, if you tap the screen on the darker side you will have an iMage like the one posted with a fairly even exposure but one that completely blows the highlights on the light side... :eek:

However, if you tap the screen towards the lighter side of the subject, you will achieve the darker shadowy look you are seeking on the opposite side to the light source as shown in the OP... :cool:

From those two extremes you will just have to experiment with where the balance is between dark and light and your final look and feel... :)

Any final touching up can then be done following Gareth's esteemed advice, although in your case you probably won't need quite so much Retouch... :D

Back
Top Bottom