How do I ...?

You know there is AH HA and then there is this :rolleyes:
6x6, Iris, Blender, and Shockmypic, Masking in Blender and Iris < seat dancing >
Thank you, Vees,RC, Mel, Lisa...I have harassed you to death but I think, it has all clicked !
And of course The App Whisperer for the tutorials of these magnificent iphonographers.
Ok so here it is

" star crossed"

image-1693657945.png

Sent from my iPad using MobiTog

Delta said:
6x6, Iris, Blender, and Shockmypic, Masking in Blender and Iris < seat dancing >
Thank you, Vees,RC, Mel, Lisa...I have harassed you to death but I think, it has all clicked !
And of course The App Whisperer for the tutorials of these magnificent iphonographers.
Ok so here it is

" star crossed"

Absolutely beautiful!! :inlove: Stunning work Delta!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Absolutely beautiful!! :inlove: Stunning work Delta!

I have to agree wholeheartedly with RoseCat ... that is absolutely stunning Delta! :inlove: and :thumbs:
Gorgeous!!

Thank you ! I am most pleased that Masking makes sense now..all the rest falls into place after that...not to mention that while I find spending hours in Juxta erasing backgrounds ( it can be soothing..:coffee:) the ability to do something ELSE makes me :D

Delta said:
Ok so here it is

" star crossed"

Beautiful Delta!!! Well done :D please add that one to ibotanica if you haven't already :D

Ok so here it is

" star crossed"

Now for the newbie question from me ... please could you tell me what kind of masking you did in Blender and Iris?
I am also very new to masking and blending so any and all assistance I can get would be fantastic.
Thanks in advance. ;)

Ok...this is the hard part ! The student becomes the teacher...:lmao::lmao: Let me see if I can explain..( if you can explain it - you can do it :lol: )

First let me say that I blended many, many times !!!:eek:

Here goes :

1. So, after I ran the photo through perfectly clear and saved it. I decided that I needed to crop the photo which I did in Iris - ( A ) then saved it. That is the photo I worked from.
2. Then, I ran the photo through Shock my pic ( B) and saved.
3. Then blended A + B to reduce the shock effect and (C) saved.
4. Then I used (C) back in Iris ( note: Filterstorm was crashing something fierce so I went with Iris) and drew a mask on the background ( the area that I wanted to make changes to) which created an Image Mask.
5. Once I found a filter I liked - I applied it using the Image Mask which I had created before and (D) saved.

Note: This was critical that I learned in Iris. I had to create the Image Mask FIRST before I did any applying of Filters. They give you several options but...if you are trying to change say the background you have to create an Image Mask. ( I think that is correct :whistle: )

6. Then I went back to Blender and blended C + D and saved.
7. From there I tweaked until I had a photo I liked but always using the masked image when applying filter changes and frame in Iris ( E ) and saved.
8. For a final run I went back to blender again. This time, I drew a Mask on the background of ( A) and then blended it with ( E ) so I could have the flower pop of little more since ( A ) was the original.

And that was it ! :) Don't ask me what filters I used...:D once I realized that it was working...my muse took over - don't know what she used..but it worked !!

Masking, Layering, Erasing Masks, Inverted Masks...are the techniques I think that can free you to do your art and help you with the compositions that you see in your " minds eye " of a photo.

Hope this helped..o_O

Delta said:
Ok...this is the hard part ! The student becomes the teacher...:lmao::lmao: Let me see if I can explain..( if you can explain it - you can do it :lol: )

First let me say that I blended many, many times !!!:eek:

Here goes :

1. So, after I ran the photo through perfectly clear and saved it. I decided that I needed to crop the photo which I did in Iris - ( A ) then saved it. That is the photo I worked from.
2. Then, I ran the photo through Shock my pic ( B) and saved.
3. Then blended A + B to reduce the shock effect and (C) saved.
4. Then I used (C) back in Iris ( note: Filterstorm was crashing something fierce so I went with Iris) and drew a mask on the background ( the area that I wanted to make changes to) which created an Image Mask.
5. Once I found a filter I liked - I applied it using the Image Mask which I had created before and (D) saved.

Note: This was critical that I learned in Iris. I had to create the Image Mask FIRST before I did any applying of Filters. They give you several options but...if you are trying to change say the background you have to create an Image Mask. ( I think that is correct :whistle: )

6. Then I went back to Blender and blended C + D and saved.
7. From there I tweaked until I had a photo I liked but always using the masked image when applying filter changes and frame in Iris ( E ) and saved.
8. For a final run I went back to blender again. This time, I drew a Mask on the background of ( A) and then blended it with ( E ) so I could have the flower pop of little more since ( A ) was the original.

And that was it ! :) Don't ask me what filters I used...:D once I realized that it was working...my muse took over - don't know what she used..but it worked !!

Masking, Layering, Erasing Masks, Inverted Masks...are the techniques I think that can free you to do your art and help you with the compositions that you see in your " minds eye " of a photo.

Hope this helped..o_O

Wow, thanks for the tutorial. It will help me plenty. After a good nights sleep I shall be rereading this post and try to put it into practice.
:notworthy:

WOW and awesome Delta!! Great tutorial and fantastic work! :D

Back
Top Bottom