I blur the lines between art and Music....

ddrewett613 said:
The 2nd and 3rd were edited after hipstamatic, the first is an edit from after 645, but most are the originals.

Excellent!! Love the detail shots... :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Funky and groovy and moving and honest images and text. I love the images and the back story. Really glad to have found this thread of yours Valeri (and son) and have subscribed ... Waiting for more!

I played snare for a Pipe Band as a teenager and have always wanted to play bass ... But now I am too (metaphorically and possibly metaphysically) old and all I can manage at present is to play the fool. :)

Please keep the images coming.

Robert Lancaster said:
Funky and groovy and moving and honest images and text. I love the images and the back story. Really glad to have found this thread of yours Valeri (and son) and have subscribed ... Waiting for more!

I played snare for a Pipe Band as a teenager and have always wanted to play bass ... But now I am too (metaphorically and possibly metaphysically) old and all I can manage at present is to play the fool. :)

Robert, you never cease to bring a smile to my face...and that's a good thing!!! :)

Robert Lancaster said:

I'm with Lisa here too.. You make me smile quite often Robert. :)

I think I'm too old for a great many things, yet I learned the lesson recently that life has a way of showing you not to count your self out of anything too soon. You never know, you might have bass playing days in your future still yet.

I was thinking of learning along side my kids on the small blue guitar you all see in these pics. Trying to give it another go now that I'm on meds. This guitar is smaller and the perfect size for children and for people like me who could totally use just two more inches to make life doable, lol. My arms are just too dang short!! While photographing it, I noticed a slight bow to its neck, so dragged it with me when I went to see my dad. :(. It can't be fixed. He can put a stabilizer on it but then it will make it too hard for the kids to press down the strings, not good for learning. And not good for my Dystonia. Darn it, just my luck. It's like a sign. Lol. So now I have a really really lovely prop guitar!

So of course I edited a picture to express my "it's just my luck" over this. I laugh about it cause it really is funny.

image-4036552265.jpg

ValeriGail said:
I'm with Lisa here too.. You make me smile quite often Robert. :)

I think I'm too old for a great many things, yet I learned the lesson recently that life has a way of showing you not to count your self out of anything too soon. You never know, you might have bass playing days in your future still yet.

I was thinking of learning along side my kids on the small blue guitar you all see in these pics. Trying to give it another go now that I'm on meds. This guitar is smaller and the perfect size for children and for people like me who could totally use just two more inches to make life doable, lol. My arms are just too dang short!! While photographing it, I noticed a slight bow to its neck, so dragged it with me when I went to see my dad. :(. It can't be fixed. He can put a stabilizer on it but then it will make it too hard for the kids to press down the strings, not good for learning. And not good for my Dystonia. Darn it, just my luck. It's like a sign. Lol. So now I have a really really lovely prop guitar!

So of course I edited a picture to express my "it's just my luck" over this. I laugh about it cause it really is funny.

Love your words and your image!!

Thanks everybody! :)

And Valeri I am so sad to hear that the guitar is not salvagable! I think that adding the playing of music to your creativity bow would have been amazing ... and could possibly have given you more inspiration for other art forms. I love the latest image you posted. :inlove:

When I was much younger, and before my vision issue surfaced, I played a lot of rugby. In all my years of playing rugby I broke every single finger (except the little finger on my left hand) so I think guitar playing is probably out of the question. I can still however wield a mean drum stick on Guitar Hero (in easy mode)! :eek: and :alien: and :coffee:

We can find other outlets for our musical passions! Mine is currently listening to the blues (Joe Bonamassa in particular) while working on images. His playing inspires me.

PS: I also dislocated my neck, cracked a few ribs, broken jaw and ... erm ... a few toes too! :D I actually should have taken the first few injuries as a sign that rugby was not for me.

Robert Lancaster said:
I also dislocated my neck, cracked a few ribs, broken jaw and ... erm ... a few toes too! :D I actually should have taken the first few injuries as a sign that rugby was not for me.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dislocated NECK?!?! :barf: That sounds horrible.

Glad you've discovered iPhoneography instead!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Back
Top Bottom