iPhone 5 samples

bpahia

MobiLurver
Real Name
Bryan
Being lucky enough to get an iPhone 5 earlier this week, I thought I'd share some examples of what this can do. I'll break it down by camera. The first group is the native camera app.

image-4106653890.jpg

image-2467412162.jpg

image-680136145.jpg

image-1335204385.jpg

image-2019672173.jpg

(Last one is, of course, a panoramic shot)

bpahia said:
Being lucky enough to get an iPhone 5 earlier this week, I thought I'd share some examples of what this can do. I'll break it down by camera. The first group is the native camera app.

(Last one is, of course, a panoramic shot)

WOW!!! Look what it does in low light?!?! :O Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

bpahia said:
Next group is 6x6, using the Dynamic color mode.

bpahia said:
This last group is 6x6, Dynamic B&W. Overall, I'm really loving the new camera.

These are ALL fantastic!! :D

Doesn't look like you're having any of the purple flare issues?

Yo Brian... :thumbs:

Great to see you back and posting with a vengeance... :D

I got my i5 on release day and still haven't taken as many iMages as you have just posted... :notworthy:

A super set of comparison iMagery, the quality of the Native Camera still amazes me, especially in the right hands... ;)

Although, generally speaking, my goto Camera is still 645 Pro - I reckon someone will have to really go some and up the ante to beat its all round capability for awesome iMages... :rog:

RoseCat said:
These are ALL fantastic!! :D

Doesn't look like you're having any of the purple flare issues?

Here's an example of the purple flare. Again, I encountered this on the 4 as well, so it's nothing new. I've even used the flare in my shots. It's there if I want it, but I also just shoot around it.

image-2307053487.jpg

image-3233561190.jpg

Here's an example of the purple flare. Again, I encountered this on the 4 as well, so it's nothing new. I've even used the flare in my shots. It's there if I want it, but I also just shoot around it.

View attachment 24809

View attachment 24810
Interesting that your 4 did this, because all the write-ups make it seem like this is a new problem specific to the iPhone 5... :sneaky:

Venomator said:
Yo Brian... :thumbs:

Great to see you back and posting with a vengeance... :D

I got my i5 on release day and still haven't taken as many iMages as you have just posted... :notworthy:

A super set of comparison iMagery, the quality of the Native Camera still amazes me, especially in the right hands... ;)

Although, generally speaking, my goto Camera is still 645 Pro - I reckon someone will have to really go some and up the ante to beat its all round capability for awesome iMages... :rog:

I've been using the native camera a bit more this week. It really is quite nice, and much better than before. I'd love to see someone take 645 and the 5 and see what they can do. I am still using 6x6 as my go to, as it is a DREAM. I can say it's fast, but you have to try it first hand to really see how fast it is. The new engine in 3 really shows. Speaking of the native camera, though, here are some lowlight examples. Again, all native camera app. No editing.

image-4090597539.jpg

image-2579547574.jpg

image-3616940442.jpg

bpahia said:
I've been using the native camera a bit more this week. It really is quite nice, and much better than before. I'd love to see someone take 645 and the 5 and see what they can do. I am still using 6x6 as my go to, as it is a DREAM. I can say it's fast, but you have to try it first hand to really see how fast it is. The new engine in 3 really shows. Speaking of the native camera, though, here are some lowlight examples. Again, all native camera app. No editing.

Amazing!

RoseCat said:
Interesting that your 4 did this, because all the write-ups make it seem like this is a new problem specific to the iPhone 5... :sneaky:

I was surprised, Cat, when I read that this was a problem for other versions of the iPhone. The very first article I read made it sound like it was unique to the 5.

I recently took delivery of my new iPhone 5. I checked out the purple flare, and sure enough the camera has this "characteristic". But you don't have to move the shooting direction very far to get rid of it. And I also discovered that if you put a circular polarizing filter over the camera opening, the problem goes away. By the way, I carry an old 50 mm polarizing filter that I used to put on my SLR - it is very handy when shooting towards the Sun, on or near water, or on snow, etc. I don't attach it to the phone, just cover up the camera opening.

I recently took delivery of my new iPhone 5. I checked out the purple flare, and sure enough the camera has this "characteristic". But you don't have to move the shooting direction very far to get rid of it. And I also discovered that if you put a circular polarizing filter over the camera opening, the problem goes away. By the way, I carry an old 50 mm polarizing filter that I used to put on my SLR - it is very handy when shooting towards the Sun, on or near water, or on snow, etc. I don't attach it to the phone, just cover up the camera opening.
Fantastic idea!!! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom