Iphone lens kit

irfansatria

MobiStarter
Hello folks...
It's been a while since i've posted anything here. Anyway, have any of you guys already using the iphone lens kit? The kit that comes with 4 or 5 piece of lenses that u can attach as an extension to the phone's lens.

I have ordered a set from ebay HK. can't wait to try out and post the results here :)

Hi Irfansatria, which lens kit? I know there's the Olloclip, but that only has 3 lenses, one of which is a 2-in-1. There's the Gizmon, but only the Macro lens is available (I think). There's also the radial Holga kit, but the lenses are on a dial. There's also another radial dial lens kit, but that one costs over $200 and the lenses are not interchangeable. I ordered a Macro/Wide Angle lens that sticks onto my iPhone, but that too does not have 4 or 5 lenses? I'd be interested to know what you've ordered, care to post the eBay link here maybe? Thanks! :)

I have an Olloclip set which is fantastic - macro, wide angle and fisheye lens and really easy to use. Also when I was in Germany before Christmas I picked up a Rollei Telephoto lens for €29 which is amazing! It comes with a hard case to mount the lens and a tripod although I think my Gorillapod will probably be more useful as it's more flexible.

This is a picture I took of my cat from about 10 feet away using it (edited in Snapseed and Pixlromatic)

IMG_7086.jpg

eurokeith said:
I have an Olloclip set which is fantastic - macro, wide angle and fisheye lens and really easy to use. Also when I was in Germany before Christmas I picked up a Rollei Telephoto lens for €29 which is amazing! It comes with a hard case to mount the lens and a tripod although I think my Gorillapod will probably be more useful as it's more flexible.

This is a picture I took of my cat from about 10 feet away using it (edited in Snapseed and Pixlromatic)

What power is your Rollei? Is there any distortion?

View attachment 7514

Nice pic, Eurokeith. From 10 feet away, and with such clarity, that's impressive. I wonder what other lenses there are out there. My Macro lens finally (after 5 weeks!!) arrived from HK, but I haven't used it yet as I worry the sticker for the magnetic ring that attaches it to the iPhone's body will lose its adhesiveness after a couple of times?!

eurokeith said:

Impressive.

Look at this on eBay:

8X Telephoto/Fish Eye/Wide Angle+Micro Lens +Tripod +Case Kit for iPhone 4 DC74

http://bit.ly/zNzHkS

There's another one with a set of 5, it includes all of the above + super fish eye 185deg

irfansatria said:
Look at this on eBay:

http://bit.ly/zNzHkS

There's another one with a set of 5, it includes all of the above + super fish eye 185deg

Thanks, Irfan. Tell us when you get it, and do post up pics to share here, so other members can see what that kit can do! Looks like a nice set. :)

Look at this on eBay:
The smaller lenses look like the ones I bought for my 3Gs some time ago (mount with a magnetic ring). The telephoto, however, is new to me. Does it use the same mounting system?

richardcb said:
The smaller lenses look like the ones I bought for my 3Gs some time ago (mount with a magnetic ring). The telephoto, however, is new to me. Does it use the same mounting system?

I want a 8x telephoto lens. Any suggestions.

Richard, it mounts differently. It uses screw type mount, that attaches to a special iphone case, also included in the set (plus a mini tripod and a bracket)

Klassklown0, i think i saw the 8x tele as a single unit in ebay. There is also a white body tele other than the black one like mine, but the white one's quite hard to find though...

Richard, it mounts differently. It uses screw type mount, that attaches to a special iphone case, also included in the set (plus a mini tripod and a bracket)
Thanks, irfan. Found one (called Thumbs Up Eye Scope) on Amazon UK for only £12 (£20-£40 everywhere else) so felt it was worth a punt. Some interesting results from it on Lisa Bettany's round the world trip.

Hey! Thanks for posting those sample shots. I just got an iPhone 4s today and was looking at that kit on eBay. I build electronics and would love a nice little macro lens, but the telephoto seems cool too! Are you still happy with it?

I'm trying to decide between this or the Olloclip.

Hiya, p-wats, and a warm welcome to MobiTog. Glad to have you with us.

I just got my telephoto lens a couple of days back. While I can't claim the resolution is great (it's not the Rollei one) the effect is amazing. It comes with a mini-tripod and a hard case mount in its own soft pouch. If you'd like to see more demos I suggest you check out Lisa Bettany's round the world trip blog. I notice she's using it quite a bit.

Thanks for the info! I admit, I'm mostly looking for a macro lens, but the thought of telephoto+tripod too could be really fun...

Thanks for the info! I admit, I'm mostly looking for a macro lens, but the thought of telephoto+tripod too could be really fun...
They're all useful, to my mind. However, you'll see a lot of macro images on MobiTog. Some members swear by it.

Excellent. I think I'll pull the trigger. I was looking at the Olliclip, but I like that this kit also comes with the tripod/mount.

I've got the HK macro (just ordered another as a spare) I've got coming a fish eye and a telephoto lens that sounds similar to the set you have Richard.

If anyone wants an Olloclip but can't afford the price...you can get a Chinese imitation on eBay called the Ollcllp. Yeah, I know, first they knock off items of fashion and perfumes, then mobile phones, and now even the Olloclip hasn't escaped copying by the Chinese! I rather suspect those cheap magnetic Macro/Wide Angle lenses you can buy so easily these days on eBay originally started out as Photojojo lenses?

Aside from that, I must confess I did buy the Ollcllp, it arrived yesterday, and, apart from having packaging with dodgy English grammar, it looks and functions just like the real thing. It cost me about 1/3 the price of a real Olloclip.

Gosh they are cheap! do you still have to use them on a case-less phone?

Unfortunately, yes the iPhone has to be nekkid in order to slip the device on. Apart from the slight difference in name, it's exactly like the Olloclip, right down to the lens covers and little black bag that come with it.

I ordered an Ollcollp(copy) earlier this week. Will be interested to see the quality when it arrives.

I got my 4 lens kit in the mail yesterday. It's a lot of fun. The only annoying part so far is that I find the magnets on the lenses stronger than the adhesive on the rings you stick to your phone/case, so they pull off easily.

Here's some macro Chinese food broccoli:

photo.JPG

p_wats said:
I got my 4 lens kit in the mail yesterday. It's a lot of fun. The only annoying part so far is that I find the magnets on the lenses stronger than the adhesive on the rings you stick to your phone/case, so they pull off easily.

Here's some macro Chinese food broccoli:

Yum. I have the Olloclips. That type doesn't have the adhesive. :/

Back
Top Bottom