Light Play

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Real Name
Valeri
Device
I've decided to move my light play Hipstamatic pics over here and combine them into one thread. So the first few post here are going to be repeats, but the one after the rootless tree shoot is the new one..

Day one, Discovery :D

Lucifer/sugar

137.JPG

156.JPG

157.JPG

Day Five... Don't go towards the light..
Salvador combo and Salvador/blackeys BW

Actually, I'm breaking this one up into a few posts. this post and the next one will just be the salvador/blackeys BW and then it will be the Salvador/dreamcanvas ones.

237.JPG

238.JPG

239.JPG

242.JPG

243.JPG

244.JPG

246.JPG

248.JPG

250.JPG

Attachments

• 249.JPG
    249.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 51
WOW!!! Amazing set of photos!! I don't know how you get those deep red/orange/yellow/purple colors - they're just stunning!

And the Salvador/BlacKeys are beautiful and moody...

Amazing work!

:notworthy:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

WOW!!! Amazing set of photos!! I don't know how you get those deep red/orange/yellow/purple colors - they're just stunning!

And the Salvador/BlacKeys are beautiful and moody...

Amazing work!

:notworthy:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Thanks! I'm really having a blast with this, and feeling for the first time a sort of unified structure in my photography. usually, I just shoot what ever crosses my path... but with this, I have to really think outside the box and stay focused. A new thing for me. Being focused isn't a strong suit! LOL

I'm starting to wonder if the light flares I get are a product of my phone... a glitch that I've stumbled on because we can't get my son's phone to react the same way. I haven't had a chance to test my Sister in laws 4s, but am planning to this weekend. I used to hate the light flare I would get when trying to photograph a really bright sunset, and struggled with the decision to hide the flare in the sun or let it be in the picture. Now, I'm glad the issue is present because I'm thinking it might be the reason I'm able to manipulate the lights this way. I could be totally wrong though. Right now its just a theory. Sorta like a light leak I'm taking total advantage of :D.

You all can help me test it out!! What I do is use street lights mostly, (but none that are too high, you want them only about 6 to ten feet or so above you) and I hold the phone to where I catch the rays coming off just a corner of the light. Usually, the light will spark off into unusual patterns for me and I will slowly rotate the phone until I get the light leak/formation that I'm looking for and click. Works best in hipsta but I have used 645pro and gotten the same results. Hipsta's filters amplify the colors. You can use any light in a dark area that you can grab the light from. I'm having a blast finding places to try out. I think I'm going to go into downtown and see if I can try some of the lights on the old buildings and see what I get from that, might be cool.

Omgosh did I have fun last night with nightcap at mainevent while out with the family!!
These are just the few I've worked on. I'll post a couple unedited, more abstracts later.

image-2850251041.jpg

image-2636771216.jpg

image-1235937863.jpg

image-3077039897.jpg

image-662293646.jpg

image-3888595191.jpg

ValeriGail said:
Omgosh did I have fun last night with nightcap at mainevent while out with the family!!
These are just the few I've worked on. I'll post a couple unedited, more abstracts later.

Love these especially #3!!

ValeriGail said:
Thanks!! That is actually guitar hero! Lol. I was turning the phone in a circular motion, making it all trippy.

Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom