Mobi Veteran
Real Name
mel
An ongoing work thread for my pieces that push the boundary of "photography"

6845510733_7e7f8cd8c1.jpg

6845623813_2c9551b5d5.jpg

6845674127_d90c390019.jpg

6845725769_0f1a8e9c91.jpg

Wonderful abstracts Mel! Love all the great textures and colors.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Thanks Cat it is certainly filling a void being able to create images like these. I don't have the ability to draw detailed drawings anymore so to be able to tap into my surrealist/abstract side through my phone is just amazing

Here is an image I've been working with for a few days, it has 4 different photos blended in :D I've know i idea if people think this sort of stuff is just plain weird but I love it!!

Escher's Playground
6849958681_d343b641cc.jpg

You make me want to learn how to do this - intensely. So far I use my iPhone much like my other cameras - as tools that pretty faithfully record a moment, with little to no tinkering afterwards. I so admire the ability to create these lavish, textured pieces! Well done.

Thank you Sita it's a very meditative process. I find it immensely relaxing to sit and blend layers of photos together.

Hi Mel I love the set you posted. iArt or iPhoneography, it's the same thing iPhone and app's brought to us a new concept, now depends from the the personal taste and aesthetic. In this case the use of tinyworld as transformed your iMages in something very cool and beatiful. Congrats.
Of course this is my humble opinion.

Emanuel thank you I think you are right iphoneography is not just photography in the traditional sense. I appreciate your words of wisdom.

Thanks Cat it is certainly filling a void being able to create images like these. I don't have the ability to draw detailed drawings anymore so to be able to tap into my surrealist/abstract side through my phone is just amazing

Here is an image I've been working with for a few days, it has 4 different photos blended in :D I've know i idea if people think this sort of stuff is just plain weird but I love it!!

Escher's Playground
OMG...this may be my absolute FAVE! :inlove: The composition is incredible, everything just works. And the lovely colors/tones, texture... I would hang this on my wall!

This is one technique I want to be better at - the layering and blending of different photos to achieve these fantastic art pieces! It's definitely not my forte and doesn't come easy, but I am yearning to do something even half as cool as this one! Would love to take a class on it, if there were such a thing.... :sneaky:

I did put it up on appstracts but they put up a reminder that it's for abstracts not surrealist pieces so I took it down.

Start simple Cat pick 2 photos with symmetries or features that you can line up using the move top image tool and use the opacity feature in juxtaposer or blender so you can see where to erase or unerase. Then play with the opacity of the "brush" to blend the two together :D

I did put it up on appstracts but they put up a reminder that it's for abstracts not surrealist pieces so I took it down.

Start simple Cat pick 2 photos with symmetries or features that you can line up using the move top image tool and use the opacity feature in juxtaposer or blender so you can see where to erase or unerase. Then play with the opacity of the "brush" to blend the two together :D
Thank you! That's very helpful... :)

That's odd about appstracts... I would have thought this would fit in just fine. :confused:

Mel, I think you've found your forte. I totally agree that iphoneography embraces a whole new style of image making that so far has no boundaries. That you could produce those pieces of art (for that is what they are) on an iPhone just boggles my mind. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom